PDA

View Full Version : Flyglobespan

Scoobs
29th Jul 2004, 17:49
Any info on flyglobnespan? Like, does anyone know what the interview consists of, etc? Or anyone here actually working for the Co, willing to share a bit of gen? Many thanks guys & gals

A Very Civil Pilot
30th Jul 2004, 11:06
Scoobs - PM waiting for you.

wigwag
30th Jul 2004, 18:37
any e mail for them ?

Tarek Nor
1st Aug 2004, 15:17
wigwag

[email protected] :cool:

747 Downwind
2nd Aug 2004, 21:03
Could I have some info too on FlyGlobespan, any help would be majorly obliged.. please:O

benchmark
4th Aug 2004, 15:51
Whilst we are in the mood for exchanging information could I please have anything at all on flyglobespan, the interview, the people, the culture, the morale, the prospects. All input is welcome. Thanks!

Tosh McCaber
4th Aug 2004, 20:46
Are you guys looking at actual pilot jobs, or just chasing a dream? The only job on the Flyglobespan website is for a replacement Ops Controler. Are they actually recruiting??

Tarek Nor
5th Aug 2004, 04:03
Tosh McCaber

Yes flyglobespan is recruiting FD. No need to advertise as
the CV's keep on coming without it :cool:

Hampster
5th Aug 2004, 21:03
Tarek Nor, please check your PMs.

Thanks

Ride On
8th Aug 2004, 10:34
Hi Wannabe's

Well here it is from the horse's month, I work for the company!

1. Everybody is leaving or wants to leave.
2. Worst paid 737 Salary and conditions.
3. Very, very Poor Management.
4. Tec aircraft and nobody care's.
5. I wont go on any further, cos I am busy posting out C.V's.
6. This shower is heading in the same direction as Astraeus!!!

Take my advise and join and airline, not a circus!!!!! :eek:

A Very Civil Pilot
9th Aug 2004, 17:35
Just to add a slightly different view to Ride On:

1. Everybody is probably having a look and quite a few may well leave as currently most are on contracts until the end of Jan, after which there is no commitment to stay. The market is changing and more jobs are out there.

2. The salary is probably one of the lowest for a jet job. However none of the full time contracts offered have been given with a confirmed salary (OK - no salary mentioned at all!). If we all do decline to accept, let's hope it would mean an increase on what is on offer.

3. Some management may not be the best, but certain members are putting in a great effort. The company is ultimately owned by the Globespan Group and the 10th richest man in Scotland. If he finds that certain people are getting in the way, don't you think it's probable that he will sort out the problem?

4. All the major problems seem to get fixed.

5. We're all posting CVs. It's what being a pilot is all about!

6. The airline has great potential if it takes a long term view of rewarding its staff. There is little competition on the routes flown, and seldom are the loads less than 140 pax.

I think that most of the unhappy people are from Europe, and have decided not to move full time to GLA. This has led to complaints about standbys. Living up near the base standbys don't become a problem, and if you don't get called out you can end up with a week off (and still fly 80 hours month).

The Grim Reaper
9th Aug 2004, 22:11
Hmmmmmm.....very interesting.

parcelpuppy
10th Aug 2004, 11:00
Hi Scoobs or any one else wanting info on Flyglobespan.

Who are Flyglobespan? They are Cougar Leasing Ltd trading as Flyglobespan. Heard of them before? They owed over £40 million
to over 250 creditors when then went into administration on 20.05.2004.
But hey no problem we will just sit tight for a few months until all the stupid aircrew out there forget who we are and start up again,forgetting about all the money we owe.
How about financial fitness for the CAA?Lets just call ourselves Flyglobesapan and keep the Cougar bit quiet?
But wont it be difficult to get pilots? No of course not. We will keep a certain core of the original Cougar management and staff, the ones without principals, morals and standards. Uncles Keith and Joe will run the outfit into the ground again and when we owe enough money we can go back into administation .
Wont people smell a rat? Yes but the only ones to suffer will be the expendible crew and engineers because we can hide behind the protection of the various laws which protect Companies and by the time those weasels who are taking legal action against us get the justice they deserve we will have made a fortune and they will so desperate to get a flying job they will just forget what has happened to them!
This sounds like a fairy story to me. Surely employees who are owed thousands of pounds would never go back and work on a reduced rate for the same management knowing how inept they are? Anyway if this information were made public and diseminated to other aircrew Flyglobespan would never be able to hire new staff with any backbone or scruples?
Yes my son but remember we are dealing with Aircrew here,a group which has an extra large proportion of backstabbing, spineless, greedy individuals who would sell there own Mother for a step up the ladder.

If you want further info ,go back through the archive on this website and read all the many posts about Cougar.

After that if you still want to work for them, seek medical attention and get you front lobe lobotomy reversed!

wigwag
10th Aug 2004, 12:52
parcelpuppy,

Well thanks for the extra info, never heard of cougar, but I do now, thanks. Heard that quite a few guys are self type rating to work for them, hope for there sake it all works out. So many companies are cashing in on the SSTR courses from the desperate desire to get that jet job.

Good luck all

parcelpuppy
10th Aug 2004, 20:56
Hello Ride On,

I've just realised who you are. Well well.You dont sound too happy. It is hardly surprising. As one of the old Cougar kids,what did you expect. I seem to remember that you got taken in by the "command material" , offer at the interview. Who told you that story? Was it the exceptional pilot or the or the genetically modified one?
At least you now have a 737 300 type rating so Im sure you are grateful for all the help given to you by the gifted one.

Well not that any of you guys give a stuff but I have worked 13 weeks for three different companies in the last 15 months. I even got turned down for a job on with the local council tip for £400 per month. My wife and daughters are sick with worry and now I have just turned 50 life is starting to look....interesting. But as Eric Idle once sang" Always look on the bright side of life.

At least I still have my sense of humour and most of all my dignity.One day some one will recognise these attributes.

But back to your post above please do not be surprised if you do not get much sympathy.If you dance with the devil........What goes around..........Please insert other suitable cliches........

You should have stuck to playing the guitar my friend, and become a rock star ,you make more money and people dont get dissapointed with you because they expect you to be a ..............
insert suitable expletive to conform with rightful ban on profanity!

Coupe 69
11th Aug 2004, 00:26
Your wrong about Ride on! Not who you think it is, someone is telling lie's again on here. Ride on is been set up here by someone????????The Original Ride did not make that last post!

Cry me a river, build a bridge and Get over it!!!!!:confused:

benchmark
18th Aug 2004, 13:45
Could anybody who attended the GECAT assessment yesterday shed some light on the process? What's involved and is there any good way to prepare for the compass testing? Also what was the interview like? Lots of techy questions or more person oriented?
Thanks guys.......you know you want to!

eagerbeaver
19th Aug 2004, 08:31
is that for globespan or for ryanair etc?

AH64 APACHE
19th Aug 2004, 21:27
I thought BALPA used to have a ban on all their FD recruitment? Have things changed?

bacardi walla
28th Aug 2004, 22:16
parcelpuppy not bitter by any chance are you :confused:

Tosh McCaber
29th Aug 2004, 13:35
I've just picked up on this thread again. Now, let me get this right- from what Parcelpuppy is saying, Flyglobespan has been in administration since May? Why is there still discussion on this thread about getting jobs from them now, if that's the case?

Or am I misreading the situation?

Tarek Nor
12th Sep 2004, 06:12
flyglobespan are not in administration. They operating flights
everyday from GLA and EDI, using 2 a/c of their own and 3
more leased from Channex. FD are being recruited, as there
will be new a/c coming into the fleet very soon.

As noted Parcelpuppy is just a bitter blast from the past with
an axe to grind. Which is pity cause he used to be an okay guy.

rgds

TN