PDA

View Full Version : A little advise please

prizefigher
29th Jul 2004, 14:20
HEY FOLKS
I am due to start an integrated course mid october and would like some info on pre study material like maths physics etc... Im no genious so ne advise would be greatly advised. sorry if this has just bored yet another ppruner.

regards
prizefighter

benhurr
29th Jul 2004, 14:38
Basic trigonometry would be a start.

Not a lot of point doing too much because the exams are based on "The Land of the JAA" and not the real world.

Physics - general gas equation could help.

If you can do basic maths then you shouldnt really have too much trouble.

no sponsor
29th Jul 2004, 15:13
Good advice above. Learning the gas laws in general, basic electrics, and revise some simple algebra, and trig.

Covering the PPL subject material would help, but it would be a waste of money for you to buy PPL study books. If you can borrow the technical subjects, including navigation, it would be helpful for you.

As a reasonable background to the technical subjects, you might want to consider reading A.C. Kermodes Mecchanics of Flight.

Purchasing the Oxford CD for Met would be a good investment too.

Topgun 4122T
29th Jul 2004, 21:37
If you know the ppl " trevor thom " books pritty well , then you have a great start . I found myself refereeing back to those books on numerous occasions through the course of my exams as I found alot of the material to be explained better in there than in my atpl notes .
I would also strongly advise purchasing the oxford met cd and start looking throught it streight away , and have a good knowledge of the subject before you even start ..
goodluck ... topgun

razzele
30th Jul 2004, 15:08
very wise words from topgun, i completlyagree.

plus defintely concentrate for a while on getting to grips with trigonometry, pythagoras theorem, and buy a CR@P 5 and getting using it,

r

prizefigher
30th Jul 2004, 15:37
hey
thanks a million guys i really appreciate it. i will purchase that cd and hav the ppl thevor thoms so wll plough threw them again. thanks again for the help

prizefighter