PDA

View Full Version : Corporate Charter out of BN/AF

nesbit
29th Jul 2004, 12:18
Fellas, just out of pure interest, is there any dedicated charter operators in Brisbane, either out of BN or AF? If so, what are they operating and what sort of prices are they hitting the almighty corporates up for?

Can anyone tell me if there is a need for another operator and if so, what sort of rig/rigs would be right for the operation? Maybe im just living in the 70's and early 80's where charter flying was popular but it seems that there is an extreme lack of charter in the great south east! Who do local and state government use, and what about the internationals visiting mines, stations etc?

Food for thought fellas, any info would be great!

grrowler
30th Jul 2004, 04:27
Mate, Transair have a conquest, metro and I think a citation available for charter out of BN, not real flat out though. Arthur Morris does some mine work in Chieftains I think, I think :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: has the main mine contracts.

I think with the high frequency and variety of regional services available, the need for corporate charter is probably fairly low...

nesbit
30th Jul 2004, 18:07
Thanks, do you know if the citation gets utilizated at all of is it more for mining contracts up north and international?

The reason im asking is that I just see a that there is no charter work in Brisbane!

grrowler
31st Jul 2004, 00:10
To be honest I don't know what the citation does, I believe it hasn't been online all that long...

From what I've seen, there isn't the need for much charter out of Brisbane, the companies there now certainly aren't overwhelmed.

Ask yourself this question, if you worked for government, or a large corporate, where would you need to fly? Then look at the services already provided by QF, sunnies, m-air, alliance, SEA, VB, J*, etc. Maybe you would fly to (say) Isa with an airline, and then charter an aircraft from there to the mine? Good roads allow you to drive 200ks comfortably in a company/hire car and be just as quick as a charter, by the time you add in travel to and from airport, etc, etc.

I think charter from capital cities (certainly SE oz) is pretty much dead.

megle2
31st Jul 2004, 09:03
Yup, charter is dead in Brisbane.

Metro 2 and 3, Conquest 2, King Air 200 and King Air 350 all doing
little in corporate charter.

Citation never really came on line.

Only GWA busy with rig work.

AN124
9th Aug 2004, 23:48
Transair has the Conquest that is rarely avail, GWA has 3 old navajo's which do the mining runs, and Adagold now has a vip chieftain which is also based at Brisbane Intl.

Flight charter has a chieftain out of AF.