PDA

View Full Version : Meatbombs & A Current Affair

Bill Smith
29th Jul 2004, 10:50
There has been alot of talk about CASA "Raiding" drop zones around the place lately.

Tonight on ACA there was some beautiful video footage of jumpers jumping through cloud !!

Wisen up guys ! If you are going to do it, don't bring attention to it by showing it on national television.

HAPPYCHIEF
29th Jul 2004, 11:45
Sorry Bill,

I think you may have been a bit quick off the mark. The descents you comment on, if they happened on the DZ i noticed, are legal & CASA approved.
This approval also now applies to other DZ's in OZ & NZ as well.

Cheers HC :ok:

Hung Starter
29th Jul 2004, 14:14
Correct HC...
some DZ's are approved for cloud decents in Auz by CASA.
And all are in NZ in a control zone prior to the pilot requesting to drop through cloud....followed by "Cleared to drop through cloud".
Some people are only to quick to jump at the chance to bag the **** out of any parachute operator without first considering that some of them are actually profesional operators keeping within the rules and boundaries of safety!
Not all do though. Shame that!
Gives the rest a bad name.

HS:cool:

duknweev
29th Jul 2004, 22:42
professional, yeah, the same operator who drops bombs with medical choppers flying through the dz. got a serve then, didn't ya? :ugh:

Bill Smith
30th Jul 2004, 01:09
Apologies if I got this one wrong !

Hung Starter

I was not "bagging any operator" as you seem to be insinuating.

I haven't flown on drop zones for awhile.

Thanks for the heads up Happy Chief

Are descents through cloud now legal?

Is it now documented in the APF rules, or a dispensation through CASA or is it written in the CAO's now?

Cheers and Blue Skies

:ok: