PDA

View Full Version : Writing Cover Letters

contractpilot
29th Jul 2004, 08:26
I am absolutely terrible at writing cover letters! I had one of the professional organizations do one and it sounded as bad as mine did.

If anyone has a good one to use as an example I would appreciate it if you would share it with me.

Please email to: [email protected]
Thanks

bafanguy
31st Jul 2004, 17:34
Contract,

Go to flightinfo.com, the "hangar" section, and look up a person who goes by the screen name of "RESUME WRITER". For a very modest fee, she'll help you. She has lots of aviation experience and many satisfied customers to attest to her skills.

Good luck. Or you can contact her at [email protected]

She's been doing this a long time and makes frequent contributions to resume-issue discussions on flightinfo.com

Good Luck

sixmilehighclub
1st Aug 2004, 20:07
Just keep it simple. Theres nothing worse than reading through a long covering letter, especially when every CV of a batch of 100 has one attached. Recruiters lose interest unless you grab their attention in the first sentence and tend to skim the page for info they need. If your letter is long-winded, you may be seen this way too.

Just introduce yourself, LIST your ratings & hours, location you want to be based, passport held, when you want to find work by and how to be contacted.

Your CV should do the rest!

Hamrah
4th Aug 2004, 09:01
Some advice from the other side of the recruiting table.

Your cover letter should just say " Please find enclosed my CV".

It is your CV that makes the impression. Don't waste your money or time on fancy cover letters.

H