View Full Version : MyTravel aircraft

Tommyinyork
28th Jul 2004, 17:17
Does anyone have a MyTravel timetable for Manchester Airport this winter, and what type of aircraft are being used on which service. Is DC10 G-BYDA going to be withdrawn at the end of October 2004 or will she continue through winter.
Also regarding the 757s, are these on their way out too.

mmeteesside
28th Jul 2004, 17:34
As far as I know BYDA is going to wfu at the end of the summer, and be stored, it could possibly go to Air Scandic, who will be looking for spare aircraft at the end of the summer (They've mentioned DC10s).

As for the schedule, look on www.mytravel.com and go through the different destinations, plus around Dec/Jan there will be a lot of day-/week-trips to Lapland and the like.

HTH
mmeteesside
MME Movements (http://www.mmemovements.tk)

Tommyinyork
28th Jul 2004, 20:59
It may even go to Elvington (hopefuly) which is becoming a graveyard for 3 engined beasts. As for Air Scandic, im not sure they would want a 25yr old aircraft in their fleet, i mean they have 20yr old A300s and they are very unreliable, i think the DC10 would have more break downs.
And as for MyTravel why was G-BYDA kept on for an extra year, i mean they say they need a spare aircraft, yet next year what spare aircraft will they have? none
And what about the DC10 crew, looks like they will have to have training on an airbus or a boeing, otherwise they dont really have a future.

PPRuNe Pop
28th Jul 2004, 22:10
This is a pointless thread now since the topic is far removed from the current news concerning MYT that appears not to have reached the NE. It is, therefore closed.