PDA

View Full Version : OK, so I got my CRM course. Now what. . ?

Johe02
28th Jul 2004, 16:19
I have heard I need a firefighting and a first aid course now but I can't get any sense out of anyone.

Anyone enlighten me?

Cheers

misterbonkers
28th Jul 2004, 18:40
CRM not required until 6 months after your first Base and Line Checks, but will stand you in good stead. It is valid for 48months.

Under JAR OPS, you need to be fire and first aid trained. This training is usually required every three years.

For Light Helicopters, Bell 206 etc 'First Aid At Work' Qualification will suffice and there are lots of places around UK that you can get these done - your local college perhaps.

Fire Training - all airfields have to train their crews regularly so opo to your local place and ask if you can join their next course (for a certificate!) You must do the initial training with a recognised aviation fire officer instructory bloke.

PM me if you require more info.

Whirlybird
28th Jul 2004, 21:44
I did the first aid course with the Red Cross - check their website. For the fire course, I found that my local fire station ahd a course.

paco
29th Jul 2004, 21:59
New hires do not need CRM for a year (3.943 I think) , but 3.940 says you must have initial CRM before unsupervised line flying

go figure

Phil

Johe02
30th Jul 2004, 09:00
My local firecrew chief wants to know what level of course I need. I was hoping he would tell me.

I'm just thinking it may be an advantage to have all these courses when job hunting.

PS. What's 3.940 & 3.943 :confused: