PDA

View Full Version : Pan bmi baby - Cardiff 25.07.04

G-ANDY
28th Jul 2004, 09:40
Last Sunday (25th July) I was flying my solo cross country qualifier and when I was holding to take off from Cardiff, a bmi baby 737 on approach reported a technical difficulty and said they were going around. I then departed and the bmi baby 737 put out a pan and reported problems with the leading edge flap. They then said that should they have to go-around again, then they would declare an emergency.

Unfortunately pan bmi baby changed to tower frequency and I didn't hear what happened in the end! I'm guessing all was fine as I didn't hear anything on the news.

Does anyone know anything else and did the aircraft land successfully?

Cheers,

G-ANDY

TwinAisle
28th Jul 2004, 10:20
You were a brave individual - I flew out of EGFF on Sunday, and it was IFR all the way - badly yucky!

Didn't hear anything about the baby, but I guess he landed OK - no sign of him still being in the CDF hold, and no large holes about...;)

Hope the CC went well!

TA

G-ANDY
29th Jul 2004, 10:03
Pleased to hear that there were no craters at Cardiff when you turned up TwinAisle!!

I managed to escape Cardiff before the weather turned, and I had to punch through a small line of showers before I made it to Wolverhampton.

Had a great day flying and can't wait until the weekend to go again!!

G-ANDY