PDA

View Full Version : Tasmania mystery

Scion
28th Jul 2004, 06:28
Does anyone out there know anything about the sad loss of a Aero Commander on or about feb 19th this year in Tasmania?

The lady pilot was killed and was flying solo I think at the time. Have there been any official reports etc as it seems to have disappeared from view?

Uncommon Sense
28th Jul 2004, 06:32
http://www.atsb.gov.au/aviation/occurs/occurs_detail.cfm?ID=609

ATSB Status: Investigation Continuing

Scion
28th Jul 2004, 07:03
It seems such a long time not to make any tentitive conclusions,

I met a close relative of the lady in question and they were disturbed about the length of time the investigations were taking and also had some queries about the ATSB and their operation.

Uncommon Sense
28th Jul 2004, 07:07
I would suggest the nature of the extent of the investigation as outlined in the preliminary release would require quite a lengthy period, especially with relation to establishing any possible cause of structural failure.

Perhaps the lady in question could approach the ATSB directly, or you on their behalf, to ascertain where they are at with the investigation.

compressor stall
28th Jul 2004, 16:13
When you point the relatives to the ATSB website, point out to the other crashes and the length of time between accident and conclusion of investigation.

History of the aircraft around the world, fatigue testing, etc etc are all part of the investigation. No point in issuing a quick report, then having to retract it later.

Or creating a polemic report like Whyalla..... :{