PDA

View Full Version : Mike Green

GMont
27th Jul 2004, 21:28
Mike Green used to be at 'Fast' I know and now hes at Blackpool (and Liverpool too).

Thinking of doing the instructor course with him up there but have not met him.

What is he really like as an instructor?

KENNYR
28th Jul 2004, 03:50
Mike Green is a total gentleman. I taught with Mike at Bristows Helicopters when they had the basic rotary contract at Middle Wallop. Mike can still be contacted through Fast helicopters where he does instruction for pilots purchasing ex-military helicopters. Saw him in June doing Engines Off Landings at Thruxton. Didnt have much time to chat with him as he was on his way to Blackpool to do a Scout trip. TOP GUY!!!!!

Whirlybird
28th Jul 2004, 08:05
I did my FI course with him, and I'd recommend him wholeheartedly. :ok: I didn't realise quite how good he was until I started instructing and was able to compare what I'd learned with some others...definitely top guy. :ok: :ok: :ok:

GroundGirl
28th Jul 2004, 12:41
I worked for MIke for 7 years and he really is a top guy. Still see him quite regularly and know that he has been busy freelancing. I saw many people complete courses under his instruction and I have never heard a bad word said about him.

He has a great deal of knowledge and knows how to share it

spinwing
28th Jul 2004, 12:50
I do believe I worked with Mike in Dubai back in 1980 (CRIPES!!...that was a while ago!!!):ooh: and remember him as a VERY capable and nice fellow!

Don't think you could go wrong doing your FIR with him! :ok:

jellycopter
28th Jul 2004, 14:30
I flew with Mike for the first time a couple of months ago having bumped into him on several previous occasions over the years. I can only concur with what is stated above.... a top bloke; and worth every penny of his daily rate!

Interestingly, in all his years (decades!) of flying, (firmly touching wood as I type this) he's never had a major incident. So, if you want to have trouble free flying; Mike appears to be the man to fly with!

J