PDA

View Full Version : Sol Air/AeroHonduras

Panama Jack
26th Jul 2004, 21:46
I am just wondering what is up with this company and their website. Have been checking out www.solair.net for the better part of a week, and all it keeps telling me is "under construction." I thought that web bookings were a significant part of their business??? :confused:

latinaviation
28th Jul 2004, 18:03
No kidding, Jack. Though I understand much of the re-branding on the aircraft and airports in completed. I am going to TGU this weekend, I'll let you know.

I would be skeptical of their web bookings statement. Maybe from US POS, but Internet pentration, let alone commerce, is still a small scale in Honduras. Their office in TGU is always packed selling tickets.

BTW - you can't even buy tickets on their website. There is a way to get through the "under construction" page (search under Google for SolAir.net and different extenstions will appear). Their site allows you to e-mail them your booking preferences, but no dynamic, touch-less reservation system.

latinaviation
3rd Aug 2004, 11:43
Just back from TGU. We were parked next to an AeroHonduras (Falcon Air) 737-300 in TGU. Painted in new scheme, but with no markings. AeroHonduras, however, has been rebranded almost totally in Honduras, didn't see any remnants of the Sol Air brand.

The "AeroHonduras" font and type is identical to Aeropostal.

Aero Honduras
4th Aug 2004, 16:32
I just took a flight on Aerohonduras July 17 TGU-MIA, July 31 MIA-TGU. Both flights were almost full July 17 two empty seats including business. July 31 9 Empty seats. both flights were on 737-300 "Gabriela". in the new scheme. the other 737-300 is still in old colors. both flights were about 20 minutes late. on board service is very good with hot meals still served plus cold port royal on board!!!

Aerohonduras

Panama Jack
4th Aug 2004, 20:21
I hear good things about their service, but no so much about their on-time performance, and they struck up a bad rep in Nicaragua a few months ago. Unfortunately, their schedule does not allow me to try them out. As far as service, not much could be worse that AA these days. :yuk:

latinaviation
5th Aug 2004, 11:18
I couldn't agree more, AA is really lagging in Miami. They're getting too comfortable with their position, which is a shame.

About Aero Honduras - do they still have business class? I thought they got rid of it when they re-painted the airplane?

Yes, we were parked next to Gabriela, as well. She looks great, but still with no titles. Sorry I missed you in TGU, AeroHonduras, maybe next time. We went to Plaza Criollo, very nice, with a few cold Port Royal's!

Aero Honduras
5th Aug 2004, 14:45
latin aviation: Yes there is still business class 8 seats. And yes gabriela looks nice. I could confirm in MIA thru a friend who just got hired by Falcon Air that the 727īs will be gone next spring, due to the instruments needed for the lower vertical flight separation distance in the US which cost around $200,000 per A/C. no sense in continue investing in 727īs.

Aerohonduras.

luisde8cd
5th Aug 2004, 22:15
Check this Aeropostal DC9-32 with AeroHonduras titles

http://myaviation.net/search/photo_search.php?id=00162643

latinaviation
17th Aug 2004, 22:25
According to the Honduras tourism bureau, the website for Aero Honduras is http://www.aerohonduras.com, though it has yet to be fully loaded.

Panama Jack
20th Sep 2004, 06:05
An "AeroHonduras" Boeing 737. I guess Falcon, Aeropostal and AeroHonduras are in a manage-a-trois (Falcon registered aircraft, in Aeropostal colors with AeroHonduras name)?

http://www.laahs.com/board/messages/1723/2325.jpg

Aero Honduras
20th Sep 2004, 21:29
Why not: Aeropostal owns 49 % of AeroHonduras, and is supplying the DC-9īs, which are now scheduled to begin operations on October first. SAP-GUA, SAP-SJO-PTY. hopefully they finally get started.

AEROHONDURAS

Panama Jack
20th Sep 2004, 22:33
Still curious, Aero Honduras on how the AeroHonduras operation works. How much of a "virtual airline" is it? Are aircraft wet leased, or are the crews Hondurans living in Honduras? Does the airline now have an Operations Manual?

latinaviation
21st Sep 2004, 11:30
Since Honduras is Cat II, no Honduran-registered aircraft can fly to the US commercially, Jack, but you probably know that. So, the planes (and crews) for the US flights are from Falcon. I assume the other DC-9 flights use Venezuelan cockpit crews and Honduran cabin crews?

Aero Honduras
21st Sep 2004, 14:21
The DC-9's will be flown initially by Venezuelans, The first 6 Honduran pilots will travel to Venezuela for DC-9 training in about 30 Days. Cabin crews ditto. (Ads go out in the papers shortly) Honduran 737 type rated pilots should de flying under Falconīs ATP by the end of the year to lower costīs and base the 737 in Honduras.

Panama Jack: Regretfully and due to CAT II Aerohonduras is basically a virtual Airline and Hopefully it will become "real" Shortly. The pilot market will get much better with several Pilots who were just called by TACA for A-320-319 training, others going to Atlantic's 737 and the ones going to AEROHONDURAS.
and the last rumor I heard last night that SOSA is getting a JET too.!!!

Saludos

Aerohonduras