PDA

View Full Version : CPL vs. ATPL

grumman_driver
26th Jul 2004, 14:03
Researching through all the possible options of reaching the fATPL, I came across some flight schools in Poland offering JAA training for ridiculously low money. Nevertheless, none of them offers ATPL ground studies - just up to CPL. As I understand it upon completing the whole course one would be allowed to apply for "change of state of licence issue" and complete the ATPL studies together with the MCC course. Would such a course of action be advisible? I have never seen a ground course "CPL to ATPL", would this be at all possible? Any word of advice would be greatly appreciated.

Martin1234
26th Jul 2004, 15:33
There is no such thing as a "CPL to ATPL", you have to take all 14 exams. You might however reduce the amount of tuition and studying needed for the ATPL's.

Justiciar
26th Jul 2004, 20:06
You can do ATPL exams - 14, or CPL exams - 9. The cPLs do not allow you to move from CPL to fATPL unless you then take the 7 IR exams as well. Depends what you want to do really, but if its the airlines then it has to be the 14. If you just want to instructy and wil never want an IR then the CPLs are enough.