PDA

View Full Version : Helicopters around Manchester

Jodel Hugger
26th Jul 2004, 12:50
A week or so a go I told you all about a strange helicopter I had seen around Manchester - turns out this was a helicopter doing a survey of motorways - however I listened to a radio show on Key103 where they were discussing weird helicopters operating around Manchester and I'd like to know what you all think.
Do military helicopters operate around big cities and if so where are they based?
I think small and ex airfields my hide something - at Barton there is some old hangars and the police have a hangar that I've never seen open in the day!
:confused:

policepilot
26th Jul 2004, 20:49
Can't help you wrgt military helo's around the city. Possibly some military traffic up through the low level corridor. Have phoned the Barton chaps, now that they know they've been bust, they'll fly during the day too. The doors are kept shut to keep out the dust (take-off/landing), and also to hide their top secret buckets and mops that are stowed at the back.

Slowsafecruise
28th Jul 2004, 08:34
Really they keep them doors shut to hide the Huge TV and X-Box they have in there for them 'rainy days' :p - On a serious note though alot of helicopter traffic does transit the low-level route (if you dont know what this is PM me) - quite often heading towards Warton..