PDA

View Full Version : Where to go with 3000hrs?

Out to Lunch
26th Jul 2004, 08:56
Hi all,
need a bit of advice.

I have 3000hrs with 1300hrs turbine but only 75 hrs multi.

I have a limited budget and a few ideas.

1) Do a PA31 endorsement and some ICUS (30hrs or so) and try for some freight or bankruns etc..?

2) Do ATPL course and study the rest at home for a while. (still have only 75hrs multi though and little spare dosh left)

3) Maybe an F/O on a Metro if I buy the endorsement???

I am pretty motivated so open to all ideas.
Thanks for some help.

O t L :)

Out to Lunch
26th Jul 2004, 09:00
31 last time I had a look. Its not a subject I like to think of to much..:(
How time flys...

vh-oja
26th Jul 2004, 09:10
Mate I would be searching for operators who run the turbine aircraft you have the time in (i'm assuming a Caravan) , maybe Hinterland (Cairns) or Slingair (Kununnura) and the like, although they may publish a minimum multi time requirement, with you're times they may come to an agreement with you, Good luck mate

OJA:ok:

redsnail
26th Jul 2004, 12:08
I gather you don't hold an ATPL?
If you want to fly pax on bigger stuff then you'll need it.
Do the study and get it out of the way.

neville_nobody
26th Jul 2004, 23:27
Being in the similar boat as Out to Lunch I would like to point out that most operators seem to be only concerned with twin experience. You can do everything under the sun in a C208 but if it's not twin then most people won't even take your resume. Going to another C208 operator will probably mean that you'll just wind up on a C208 again. Finish your ATPL, get some ICUS and STAY AWAY FROM A C208 would be my advice. They are the ultimate career killer in this country.

Going overseas could be another alternative but that option could turn into a logistical and financial nighgtmare if you're not careful.

When are regionals (and the RFDS for that matter) going to start accepting ASEPTA experience in lieu of multi engine?? It's a joke that you can be flying Low Capacity RPT in a turbine and yet not even be able to apply to a regional airline. Yet I know of people who have jobs in regionals with half of out to lunch's experience, because it's that magical multi.

Hung Starter
29th Jul 2004, 14:28
If I were you mate, I would get myself some multi ICUS and then command time quick smart! Once you have 3 or 400 hours multi and your working on the ATPL subs as you go you should be able to go any where with your experience.

Check out some of the bankruns or freight out of Bankstown.
Im sure someone will give you a start with the right attitude and your hours.
Good luck.
HS ;)

Out to Lunch
3rd Aug 2004, 13:15
Thanks heaps to all who replied here.
Its given me a bit to think on.
I think I might study the Met, Human Factors at home while I try to clock some twin time up, and then do the course down the track soon.
Cheers all.
O t L ;)