PDA

View Full Version : Thread for World's Worst

Here to Help
26th Jul 2004, 08:10
This thread is for the person calling himself "World's Worst" to use instead of attempting to own other threads with his anti-Aussie ATC message. The last thread he has attempted to spoil was stickied because it is of great interest to the industry and to the public not so so he could hijack it to push his personal messages.

It that thread, WW made accusations and statements to the effect that Aussie ATCs were and are unsafe, incompetent and fraudtsers.

WW, I have a couple of things to say to you. If you indeed work for Airservices Australia, you would be aware that there is an internal system for reporting fraudulent behaviour. All employees received notification on the system - what it's for and how it works. There is also Airservices' Safety Management System which can be used to report instances of unsafe activity.

You, as an employee of ASA, have a DUTY to report what you see using the systems available to you. If you truly believe what you say, and then do nothing about it as is required of you, then you are part of the problem, not the solution. You are therefore no better than those ATCs (imaginary or not) you detest so much.

tobzalp
26th Jul 2004, 10:52
Actually I have something for WW. It is in my pants.

http://users.bigpond.net.au/plazbot/ww.jpg

Here to Help
26th Jul 2004, 21:51
WW continues to hijack the "The NAS Debate: Other Opinions" thread. He is not interested in the subject at all, only using the thread and its stickiness to insult and goad ATC's into reply - he is a troll.

He even responds to this thread in that one, which shows a complete disregard for those other people who want to read about NAS. He's disregarded Danny's recent Announcement regarding swearing and abuse on Pprune. Continued attacks that aren't part of the subject of the thread will not be tolerated.

If he continues to use that thread to push his own personal agenda then I hope that the Moderators step in.

I'd suggest no longer replying to him there if he's not on topic.

BTW WW, from your last reply, it seems that you either aren't aware of any fraud in ASA, or that you haven't reported what you've seen using Airservices reporting system. I believe you're only interested in being part of the problem.

Hijack the "The NAS Debate: Other Opinions" thread?

Not any more, he wont!

:mad:

Woomera

World's Worst
26th Jul 2004, 22:31
Oh Woomera,

I'm so, so sorry, I have offended thee.

Please, please, please let me back on the other thread, please.

I promise I won't say naughty things about overpaid and unsafe Australian controllers again. Oooopps, sorry, I take it all back.

I've tried so hard to get you to 30,000 views. Doesn't it say on the proon home page that advertisers are guaranteed of 35000 views a day. Someone has to get the numbers up, or those advertisers just won't pay, and poor old proon will disappear. I was only trying to help. 'onest, I was, John. Why else leave a half-baked thread open when it's been done to death. You must be on a promise of a bonus.

Plleeeaaassseee don't ban me.

Oh.... just got it soooooo close to 30,000. Would you like to be the first in Australia to break the magic mark?

Be my guest, mr woomera.

Then will you let me play?

Here to Help
26th Jul 2004, 22:48
WW,

Welcome to this thread. Now you can say all the naughty things you want about ATC. Or, of course, if you don't like this thread, you can start another one. Given that you aren't holding other threads for ransom anymore with your attempts to "subtley" change the subject, I wonder how long your personal vendetta will last in a vacuum?

World's Worst
27th Jul 2004, 00:54
mr woomera, mr woomera,

I managed to get some of my mates to run two threads up to 30,000 now.

Will you get a double bonus now?

Will you declare it to mr tax man?

will ya?

pppplllllleeeeeeeaaaaaasssssseeeee let me play again, will ya.

HANOI
27th Jul 2004, 01:09
The user name says it all...how appropriate.

Dick Smith
27th Jul 2004, 03:56
World’s Worst, can you explain what the E/D roster is? You state

Every controller in Australia knows about E/D rosters, and just about every controller in Australia supplements their income with this nice little earner. Remember Norm Gallagher and the BWU? Remember how they came a cropper over corruption I’ve tried to get some information on what you have said but haven’t got far. Someone has told me that there is some type of system which has gone on for years, where “arrangements” are made so that one person takes a sickie and their mate takes over the duties at double the pay – about $900 per shift. I simply don’t believe this, as the additional costs would completely destroy our industry.

Can you advise what you mean? Do you know if there is a figure available of the cost of these E/Ds each year?

If World’s Worst is banned, perhaps someone else can answer this?

Uncommon Sense
27th Jul 2004, 04:54
Dick,

If you get sucked in to this, what ever credibility you have left will rapidly evaporate.

The friendliest advice I can give is that you leave it right there lest end up with egg on your face.

You said yourself "I simply don't believe this" - thats good to hear. I suggest therefore you demonstrate your faith in your own beliefs and not ask such leading questions - if you want a direct response to what you believe to be a problem (simply because you heard about it on an anonymous internet forum) why not write a letter to Bernie Smith - The CEO of AirServices Australia. (I think you already know the address.)

However, if you wish to participate at the level of Worlds Worst.... onward.....

If you are also supporting that particular (now banned) contributors suggestion that CivilAir is somehow complicit in organised corruption, please come out and say it straight, right here, so that there can be no doubt as to your position and viewpoint..

The only problem with commonsense - it not that common

email uncommon sense ([email protected])

buzztart
27th Jul 2004, 05:03
DS, common sense, credibility these words have nothing in common

The Enema Bandit
27th Jul 2004, 05:13
Not approriate here.

W

Baldricks Mum
27th Jul 2004, 06:46
Enema,

What are you trying to say???? All that potty mouth language is getting in the way of your message.

Open your mouth young man and insert this soap to teach you a lesson in manners.:}

DirtyPierre
27th Jul 2004, 07:13
Dear PPrune readers,

Airservices Australia goes to considerable lengths to manage staff sick leave, special leave and all other forms of leave.

Sick leave within AsA has been managed directly by Line Managers for at least 15 years. There is no way the sort of abuses of sick/special/study/military etc leave can occur as asserted by WW.

Line managers interview each year, the 10% highest sick leave users, within their area of responsibility. Generally the highest 10% of sick leave users use, on average, 15-20 sick days per year. In nearly all cases, the sick leave is attributed to:

-a long term illness (eg. glandular fever),
-an acute trauma (an accident of some type, interestingly pushbike accidents are common)
-pregnancy

Whenever a person has had extended periods of sick leave, for whatever reason, they are case monitored on an individual basis by a senior member of HR and by a DAME.

WW makes assertions in regard to sick leave use that is clearly untrue and is not supported by AsA own dcumented evidence.

Woomera
27th Jul 2004, 08:31
I think that probably makes for a good point at which to give this the good 'ol padlock.

Now if any one can provide some real proof of this alleged behaviour, they should take it to the appropriate authority.

"When did you stop beating your wife" type questions don't rate here.

click!
W