PDA

View Full Version : Born In SA And Want 2 Return

WTSPT
26th Jul 2004, 05:54
Hello all,

Was born in SA and I want to return, currently employed in Australia as a flight instructor happy as a clam at the moment but have been aching to do some work in South Africa for a long time.

I have looked at the minimum entry requirements licence conversions, looked at the minimum requirements for a Working Visa, etc... But I've hit a dead end and cannot make any decent contacts with any operators over there, all i want to find out is a little about the industry and what sort of requirements on experience, ratings and endorsements etc that operators will look for when employing someone.

Any of you who can give me some tips, advice or even leads that i can follow up on it would be greatly appreciated. I really want to do a stint up there for a few years, would love to see some of your great land.

Cheers WTSPT.:ok:

SubsonicMortal
26th Jul 2004, 13:58
Howzit WTSPT

What are your hours like at the moment? Do you hold an OZ commercial or ATP and what kind of instruction experience do you have?

WTSPT
27th Jul 2004, 03:44
G'day Subsonic Mortal,

I have PM'd you some of my details, thank you for your response and look forward to hearing from you soon.

WTSPT

Drop and Stop
27th Jul 2004, 07:35
WTSPT
I was also born in SA and moved to Aus. I became an Australian (early '90s) and believed that I had relinquished my right to my South African Citizenship, thru an unrelated incident I was told that I had never relinquished that right. I contacted the embassy and they confirmed this. I applied last year and got my SA passport 3 months later, I'll be heading back to SA pretty soon (open ended) (I'm not in the aviation industry so I cant help you there) . PM me if you want me to russle up some more info re eligibility.