PDA

View Full Version : Crocodile times/NT News

RENURPP
26th Jul 2004, 00:51
Well I know this isn't directly aviation related, however it does indicate the degree news papers will go to sell their product.

The avaition side of this is to indicate the exagerations and missinformation this newspaper and others, have been guilty of publishing about aviation over the years SELL SELL SELL forget the lies and mistruths just SELL.

Sunday 25th July front page. Headlines something like "NT Girl tells story of head bitten by crocodile" Large photo of cuts and blood etc around the head and back.

Sounds real interesting, lets read on, were and when did this happen, well hidden in the text on page 16 it goes on to say this happened 3 years ago while working in Zambia.

Unfortunately this is the only local rag, in any case who's to say any other low life editor/journalist would be any more honest.

compressor stall
26th Jul 2004, 02:14
One of my regrets from my time in the NT was that I did not collect classic front pages from the NT News. :{

Would make a great scrapbook.

Any young pilot heading up that way to cut their teeth would be well served in future years to keep a few classic front pages.

Grog Frog
26th Jul 2004, 04:23
NT News Circa 1981

Front Page Headline

The Bastard farted in my face so I shot the c***

(refering to a murder in the Adelaide River Pub)

Back Page Headline

Wanka waves the wand

(refering to a remarkale turnaround in fortune by the coach of a local footy/ rugby team)

:O :O :O

tinpis
26th Jul 2004, 05:29
:O

Social butterflys sunday Territorian ...local charter mob raises $8000 for charity .... hmmmm....no photo of said owner most unusual.:}

Capt Claret
26th Jul 2004, 08:15
RENURPP

The fact that you got to the end of the article, or any article in the world esteemed :yuk: :yuk: NT News, on page 16 no less, indicates you haven't been in the Territory for long enough! :=

Nipper
27th Jul 2004, 01:06
Does Wicking still does his comic strip in the NT News. Not politically correct but a good laugh.:p :ok:

tinpis
27th Jul 2004, 02:38
Wicked Wicking still goin strong.

Capt Claret
27th Jul 2004, 02:42
Nipper

Just for you ......

Click here (http://users.bigpond.com/garrettgundry/pprune/Wicking_26Jul04.jpg)

ps can't post the image as system won't allow it. :ugh:

Nipper
28th Jul 2004, 00:52
Capt Claret

Thanks for that its good to see he still has his Wicked sense of humour.:} :D

Bobster
28th Jul 2004, 02:48
Has there ever been a collection of Wicking cartoons like the "Decade of Pickering" I have and treasure?

compressor stall
29th Jul 2004, 02:16
Brilliant! Half of his cartoons would be banned from any other paper in this country.

Will Robinson
30th Jul 2004, 13:13
I wish I still had the Wicking cartoon of the Police Navajo going through the Mc Donalds Drive through, I think it was Wickings go at explaining why the police needed a new plane.:O

tinpis
31st Jul 2004, 01:13
Next time I see him I'll ask whats in the pipeline.

halfhardt-6
3rd Aug 2004, 06:24
The best one I heard whilst living in Darwin was "POO FLICKER GETS THREE YEARS"!

Boomerang
4th Aug 2004, 01:26
Wish I'd kept this one for proof...

Sports page headline, "Warne cops West Indies' balls on the chin"

Nipper
4th Aug 2004, 01:52
Bobster

:D I have small book of his strips from the early 90's. The only place that you could buy it was in Darwin. Most newsagents carried it.

Not sure if he published any more.