PDA

View Full Version : Best Farnborough display??

Foz2
25th Jul 2004, 14:50
Just wondering what people thought of Farnborough this year and which aircraft display they thought was the best. Personally I thought the Chinook was fantastic (Saturday) and the C130.

Also did anyone have a nightmare trying to find the car park? We arrived at the front gate and were waved on by the police and made to go on down the side road. So we did this and could not find the car park anywhere - did it exist?!! There were no signs anywhere or any officials. We ended up parking in the army golf club which was fine but I doubt we were supposed to??

Anyway, had a great day.

Foz

enzo_04
25th Jul 2004, 18:33
I thought the B1B lancer was great and the red arrows, anything that was fast or made a really loud noise (or both)!!!
Was impressed by the helicopter that did some loops, didnt know they could do loops!
You should have got the train, no hassle at all. A bit of a que for the shuttle bus but not too bad.

NWSRG
25th Jul 2004, 21:24
Was there on Saturday.

The FA-18 stole the show for me. Some of the moves it pulled were astonishing.

...but it was the SA 747 that I waited for. His spiral departure made it worthwhile.

Agree that the Chinook was also superb. Flying like a rocket one minute, flying like a brick the next!

...and the B1B was the only thing that came close to sounding like Concorde!!

Could the A380 make it next year? If the first flight is in February, could it be far enough through initial flight testing to pop over?

Mr @ Spotty M
25th Jul 2004, 21:29
Farnborough is every two years, next is 2006. So A380 might make that one.

AIRWAY
25th Jul 2004, 22:50
Well i was surprised with the A340-600 show today ( Sunday ) :eek: i wasnt expecting such things from and A346

No dought the Red Arrows gets my vote :O :}

Vee One...Rotate
25th Jul 2004, 22:57
Great show - first time Farnborough-goer this year. I turned up for work on Friday expecting to do a couple of hours in the afternoon only to be asked if I'd like to man a stand over the weekend at Farnvorough as the chap who was supposed to be going was suffering some ailment - "I'll be a team player, get me involved (paraphrased)". Bonus :ok:

Loved the variety and it was my first airshow at an airfield (!) believe it or not...so the takeoff/landing really gave it an all new dimension, great stuff.

I agree: that F/A-18 was pretty snappy.

V1R

P.S. As always, the Red Arrows were fantastic.