PDA

View Full Version : Generic Host Process for Win32 Services

BlueEagle
25th Jul 2004, 11:48
I get regular advice from Zone Alarm that traffic has been blocked but don't actually know what Generic Host Process for Win32 Services is or does.

I've tried Google but it either directs me to a Pay Now web site for an answer or directs me to several other websites that are in Russian.

Unfortunately my linguistic skills don't extend much beyond English and Rubbish!

Anyone able to explain please? Thanks.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
25th Jul 2004, 13:18
BlueEagle,

It is usually tied to Svchost.exe. Without any details on your computer, there is not much more I can tell you.

The amount of information you gave amounts to a question in aviation terms like this:

"My friend has a problem with his airplane. The plane has a propeller on it. What do you think is wrong with it?"

Take Care,

Richard

P.S. If you are using WinXP, you can look at what all Svchost.exe does here: (But that is a stab in the dark since I do not know which OS you are using.)

Windows XP Home and Professional Service Configurations (http://www.blackviper.com/WinXP/servicecfg.htm)

BlueEagle
25th Jul 2004, 22:50
Sorry! I posted and then went to bed, realised I'd left off the information you mention after shut-down. OS is WinXP Pro, I use ZoneAlarm Pro and Norton AV. Computer is a Dell Dimension 8100.

Thanks for the link.

Naples Air Center, Inc.
25th Jul 2004, 23:02
BlueEagle,

Since you are running WinXP, then the link above is the correct one.

Take Care,

Richard