PDA

View Full Version : Nas Interview Aug

bizzybee
25th Jul 2004, 11:16
Hi All!

I have an interview with NAS (Jeddah Branch) in DXB on 6th Aug. This is not for the Net Jets division but it's called Al Khayala.

A few questions I have:-

Does anybody know about this division?
Any tips on the interview process?

Also looking for Private Jet Work in Saudi or DXB any clues? Hoping for month on/month off Like Net Jets.

Also looking for contact of head FA for Saudi Oger.

Any bits of info would be fab.

BB

mutt
25th Jul 2004, 12:55
This is their VIP division using two A319 aircraft.

Mutt.

bizzybee
25th Jul 2004, 14:48
Hi Mutt!

Thanks for the plane info. Do you know anything else about working for this division? I'm sure you are a wealth of into.

thanks

BB

aunt sally
25th Jul 2004, 16:28
Hi There

I went for this interviw in March the first time they tried recruiting I like the rest of the girls at the interviews were not amused the general feeling was we had all had our time wasted. Many girls had travelled from all over for this interview some girls had travelled from aus.

Initially when we were contacted by nas we were all sent a job description with the basic netyjets package 1 month on off etc. When I got there It was nothing like this at all it had changed to 6 weeks on 3 weeks off the salary was very low and you were supposed to be living in a hotel by the airport. I have spent the last 4 years working on and off in Saudi and believe me there is nothing by that airport or no quality of life living in an airport hotel.

It got better the job was on a vip 319 for 48 pax sounded nice but flying daily between ruh-jed and you got one day off a week. Flight time if I remember is one and half hours and you did this twice a day.

They did dangle a carrot in front of our nose saying we would all eventually be promoted and work on the BBJ can you imagine 42 girls competing for this, these positions come up how often? yeah right!

I was the offered the job but turned it down. As far as I know most people who I spoke to had turned the job down. Oh and I'm still waiting the reimbursments they promised!!

Maybe they have had to change their package now because so many people turned it down it could be better but if its the same crap they offered us I would skip it it's more of a side step than a step forward.

:mad:

bizzybee
26th Jul 2004, 06:18
Hi Aunt Sally,

thanking you for taking the time to reply. I heard these rumours as well, but I thought since the last disaster as you have said, maybe they have picked up their act. I mean Saudi isn't the most glamorous country at moment. Below is what they have offered.

Basic SR 6500
PerDiem $ 50 per day during 35 day cycle
31 days off
round trip tkt to gateway city.

Maybe I should write back to them and have them confirm the accommodation etc.

Best Regards

BB

littlemissflighty
27th Jul 2004, 22:44
If you think you have nothing to lose by attending this interview because costs will be reimbursed, think again. I am also still waiting for my reimbursement. All receipts were mailed to address as advised, and follow up email has been sent with no response forthcoming.

Attend this interview if you wish but DO NOT EXPECT EXPENSES TO BE REIMBURSED AS PROMISED. If they can't even reimburse interview costs as they say they will, what other promises will they break after you take up employment?:mad:

aunt sally
28th Jul 2004, 19:36
Hi Bizzybee

Its almost the same deal they offered us apart from it has gone down now to 35 on 31 off so it is maginally better. However the salary is still low even with the per diem I would want trebble that to be based in RUH with the present situation infact I would'nt go !!. I just left Jed and I found the whole thing quite stressfull and I have always liked working out there and never had problems until this unfortunate business started out there.

My advice is think long and hard this is not a vip job this if a first class bus service they need 42 girls so you will most likely get the job but dont take it because its the first thing offered.

Anyway if you still plan on going give me a pm I can tell what to expect in the interview.

:ooh:

montys ex teaboy
30th Jul 2004, 18:10
I had an interview with NJME. Got blown out of the water, but they really did me a good turn. The thought of having to work for that shower of s*** turns my stomach.

They still and never will have any idea how to look after expats, even when the last w**** face has gone.

mutt
30th Jul 2004, 19:42
Monty,

WIth feelings like that why did you bother applying and going to the interview?

Mutt.

montys ex teaboy
31st Jul 2004, 07:05
Had time to kill between jobs, that's why.

I have worked in KSA previously but one does tend to forget the bad memories of an area, rather more than the good.

What I would like to try and point out is this. In moments of desperation I have applied to NJME, over the years. No reply of course, until I happened to submit a CV online to a recruitment company, who contacted me immediately, for interview for NAS/NJME.

Is NJME internal recruitment in such a shambles that an application submitted direct gets "lost"?

Paterbrat
4th Aug 2004, 16:36
Have just finished 27 years in the town. What was brought home to me over the years was the importance of working with a decent company. With a good employer Saudi was a posting that I enjoyed. Yes the place had it's limitations however under the right package that was coped with. NAS has some certain people in management, who are only out to line their own pockets. They lie cheat and steal, and renege on promises made. I have been involved in the suposed sale of a plane to them. They broke the contract twice between my boss and them and he had no recourse because it is owned by a member of the Royal Family. Based on my own experience with them my advice is steer clear.