PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Interivew Sim Ride

kavu
24th Jul 2004, 23:17
Hi all

A question for those who have done the sim ride for the 2nd interview.

They said (in round about ways) in the 1st interview to get some 747-200 time.

I have the sim detail and the fact they fail an engine on you on the down wind leg for a 3 engine ILS approach.

Are you expected to know most of the calls, SOP's and engine failure procedure for the 2nd interview?

How are you to react to the engine failure? Do they want to see initiative and have practised the procedure?

How have those of you that have done the 2nd interview approached the sim ride?

WaldoPepper
25th Jul 2004, 04:03
Kavu,

If you are going for a direct entry SO on the pax fleet, you won't get any failures. If going for direct entry FO on the frieghter fleet, then you will get a failure on downwind.

I don't know as i only have done the sim for DE SO position and therefore no failures. They told me in the briefing that we were not expected to know the CX calls and checklist and that we were to use our own, or whatever we were comfortable with.

You then brief the sim checker when you are sitting in the sim about what calls you want him to make. He will then decide if he will call them or not.

He probably won't call a deviation from the assigned altitude, but he will usually call "100 above" when approaching the minima.

Best of luck

WP