PDA

View Full Version : Karratha WA accident, pilot survives

Time Out
24th Jul 2004, 16:06
This article was in The West Australian today (24.7.04)

http://www.sohoconsulting.com.au/h/TheWest24.7.04Article.jpg

Apologies for the quality of the scan.

Gomer Pylot
24th Jul 2004, 22:20
He thought he could fly faster than the fog? Foggy thinking, methinks.

the wizard of auz
25th Jul 2004, 01:52
he must be charmed. thats the second time he's made bad decisions that pranged a chopper and survived.
his insurance premiums are about to go north, one would suspect.

John Abersynth
25th Jul 2004, 16:06
"Bad Bad", as I would say to my 6 year old when she does a silly thing. "Bad Bad" :ugh:

wossupdog
26th Jul 2004, 00:54
What insurance premium?????????????

Me thinks he was rated in the too high a risk category for insurance company to go near him! :(

belly tank
26th Jul 2004, 01:23
It wouldnt be the first time a pilot has bent more than one machine in his career!!

the wizard of auz
26th Jul 2004, 04:00
Career...........he's a private pilot.

evod
26th Jul 2004, 10:41
I remember doing some frost control a few years ago and learned very quickly dont push your luck with the soup!! Lucky boy:uhoh:

rotaryman
26th Jul 2004, 10:53
What a :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:! :D

How's the Dog! I mean he did take the Labrador with him didn't he?.....

Seem to recall a EMS machine owned by Grant Kenny decending through Fog - UPSIDE DOWN - all killed...not that long ago..Some pilots eventually learn! :uhoh: :(

wossupdog
26th Jul 2004, 11:17
If learning consists of reviewing each and every flight and making improvents to your flying technique, flight planning, decision making etc

This guy has no hope!

Try reading his last accident report:mad:

currawong
26th Jul 2004, 12:41
Was he taking off?

Sounds like the temp inversion misted his windows and he got caught that way.

See it sometimes where I operate, not always fog involved. Not a big problem if you are half expecting it and do not mind driving looking out the side window instead of the front for a while.

Vfrpilotpb
27th Jul 2004, 06:52
Sound like he didn't give a XXXX for it, or possible was holding one so couln't wipe the perspex, or his cork strewn hat stopped his view, any way he should have given his situation more care , with the past knowledge and experience he would have had.:rolleyes:

4ero
27th Jul 2004, 13:34
She'll be right! :}

...Wrong...:yuk: