PDA

View Full Version : Pilot Insurance Rotary

WLM
24th Jul 2004, 12:46
Hi all
Anybody knows of insurance cover available for rotary pilots in Malaysia? Preferably Loss of licence, loss of income and death cover. I had a look at the AOPA offer since I have an Oz licence, but could only get AUD100,000 death cover and 12 months for loss of income. The premium was substantial. Any ideas?

Variable Load
28th Jul 2004, 14:19
WLM

I suggest you try re-posting on the Rotorheads forum. As a Brit working in Brunei I can get reasonably priced insurance, but don't know if it would be available to yourself:confused:

I can PM details if you want?

gnow
28th Jul 2004, 15:39
Years ago when I was a military helicopter pilot I paid RM1500.00 for a RM 200K Loss of Licence. I was then 25 years old.Later whenI became a commercial pilot the company paid for my loss of licence insurance. My previous insurance was through Lyods of London and fronted by a local insurance company(Sun Alliance at that time)

WLM
1st Aug 2004, 14:34
Variableload
Gnow

Thank you both for the reply. Yes I would appreciate some more info by PM if you can, as I need to start something asap really. Been flying here now over 9 months without any cover at all :O
Thanks
WLM