PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Think About Riat 2004

bluetail
23rd Jul 2004, 20:43
Well its over for another year, just over 300 aircraft turned up, Joe Punter also decided to come back (thank goodness) and TP had a well deserved smile on his face at the survivors dinner.

My opinion for what its worth was that the static was pretty good but once again the flying a bit patchy, I can,t understand why the tribute to D Day was at the end of the show when most folks were leaving. I reckon it should have been over lunch.

I must admit though the F-18F was bloody awesome, just wait until a proper Typhoon show can be put on.

To those who know me, I was responsible for the South East corner.... static and flyers.

Well, comments good or bad, I reckon about 6 out of 10

BT

VarkMan
23rd Jul 2004, 22:57
I thought the Mirage 2000 performance on Sat was quite excellent--something I didn't expect from an old delta!

Always_broken_in_wilts
23rd Jul 2004, 23:41
Flew thro................not many peeps watching.

From all reports not many parking prob's

Guess it made a loss again.................so bound to be on again next year :E

all spelling mistakes are "df" alcohol induced

Man-on-the-fence
24th Jul 2004, 06:10
Well I thought it was excellent fun and I'm one of the fare paying punters.

Managed to have a quick chat with TP on Friday and he is under no illusions that they still have a mountain to climb, however if anyone can do it then he can. For those who havent met him he's a genuinely nice bloke.

Was going to whinge loud and hard about the quality of the pre-recorded soundtrack for the D-Day thing, then I saw 3 guys in the commentators tower talking with paper cups on their faces to get the sound effects, my mind immediately changed....quality effort guys :ok: That said the D-Day was a bit slow and I still have reservations about the RIAT set pieces. They never seem to quite work.

F-18 was awesome as was the Mirage 2000 and the Heritage Flight was one of the most evocative things I have seen in all my years of going to airshows. The F15 commentator was nice and understated after last years A10 whoopfest. Also helps that she was/is a total babe :E

Anyway, I'll be back next year. There are piccies in AH&N here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=138184)