PDA

View Full Version : PASSED my PPL today!

Spike001
23rd Jul 2004, 17:31
Hi all,

Today I took my Skills test for the first time, and now I'm officially a Private Pilot. All exams passed first time.

The crosswind conditions on finals made it challenging - being right on my limits, which added to the experience of such an enjoyable day.

I'd like to thank everyone at Sky Leisure, Shoreham, who made this possible over the many years, you've got a VERY happy individual here.

Now it's getting propared for groundschool, to keep my flying career ball rolling.

Cheers

Trislander
23rd Jul 2004, 18:29
Spike,

Well done matey, great feeling 'int it.

Best of luck with your ATPL's.

Go out, get p:mad:ed and celebrate tonight!

:D :ugh: :yuk: :ok:

PFD
23rd Jul 2004, 19:45
Very very well done mate, good luck with your career.

Aerofoil
23rd Jul 2004, 21:21
All i can say is welcome to the Pilot community!

I gained my PPL quite recently, just before starting my ATPL ground school.

This is where you start to make your own decisions and really start to learn about flying for yourself.

Keep up the hard work, its well worth it!

Regards

Dave :ok:

Send Clowns
23rd Jul 2004, 22:38
Well done spike :D Best of luck for the development of your flying, and most of all enjoy your new freedom!

Spike001
24th Jul 2004, 08:54
Many thanks guys/girls, much appreciated. :cool:

Topgun 4122T
24th Jul 2004, 11:07
congrats on the ppl !! now the worst part starts with the dreadded ATPL's , so get the head down and plough through those horrible 14 exams and you'll be on you way to sitting your commercial flight test !!!!!!topgun

Topgun 4122T
24th Jul 2004, 11:11
congrats spike on the ppl ! now the worst part starts with the dreadded ATPL's , so get your head down and plough throught those horrible 14 exams and you'll be on your way to the commercial flight test !!!!topgun

someuser
24th Jul 2004, 17:13
Congrats mate! :)

I hope I will make a similar post one day here... :)

Gazeem
25th Jul 2004, 12:28
Well done on passing your PPL Spike,

continue with your ground studies,

when you go flying gradually build up your experience and confidence - don't just circuit bash or wander round your local area - push yourself a little bit out of your comfort zone each time you go flying, BUT be safe!!

be polite and professional to everyone you meet - flying is a small world - after a while you'll realise that everyone knows someone who knows someone - and you never know if you are chatting to a chief pilot or training captain!

and above all enjoy yourself - the training should be fun - the job is!

regards and good luck!

Gaz

Spike001
26th Jul 2004, 10:00
Hi Gaz,

Thanks for the advice; I sure hope it turns out like that. ;)

Yeah, gaining flight experience and confidence operating on my own, is the first hurdle, while flying around my local area, and to places I've visited during my training.

I will also be converting into a PA 28.

I will then venture out to other new places, then putting it up a gear, by flying into places like Southampton, and through Class D airspace.

Am I correct in saying the landing fees at Southampton are around £50?

You never know who you’ll speak to next in this industry! :D

mazzy1026
26th Jul 2004, 11:57
Great stuff ! A lesson to start learning now. I cant wait for the day when I post the same !

Best wishes

Maz :ok:

RED WINGS
30th Jul 2004, 23:11
Spike

Congrats I remember my GFT well, great feeling aint it.

Just try not to harass the postman too much whilst you wait for the little brown book, and I hope it turns blue before long!

Good luck and spread those wings!

:}

Spike001
30th Jul 2004, 23:18
Cheers.

Concerning getting my license. I intend to personally travel to the CAA building at Gatwick, together with my application and log book, so I'll get my license there and then. This will prevent any possible damage/loss to the log book if I were to send it via the post.

Does anyone know how much a PPL license costs (assuming there is one)?

I've already payed for the test, and something tells me this isn't the only thing I'll have to fork out onto, before I can get my hands on my license?

bearpaw
1st Aug 2004, 19:49
Well done on getting your PPl - I hope to have mine in a few weeks!

The PPL license costs approx £139! Don't think you will get it there and then though, it takes around two weeks to process!