PDA

View Full Version : Qn for recent FAA interviewees

empty pockets
23rd Jul 2004, 13:48
After having to postpone a couple of times, I've got my first AFCO interview next week [I am applying for pilot].

My question is, what level of naval / current affairs knowledge is required at this preleminary stage?

I have been told that the first one is simply to check you have two of everything, that your educational qualifications check out and that you have the right motivation for joining. However, the letter from the AFCO had an accompanying sheet that, aside from telling me what to wear etc., said to be prepared for questions in these two areas to 'save both of us embarrassment'. Is this just a standard letter?

I have read up on both areas, but nowhere near as much as I would have liked due to work commitments. Please let me know what I'm in for so I can work on any weak areas in the next few days.

Cheers.:ok:
EP

P.s. I know questions from wannabe's may not be the most welcome following the recent announcements, but I would appreciate a response nontheless.

Oggin Aviator
23rd Jul 2004, 17:33
For the AFCO interview I would have a really good look through the RN website. It will tell you what we have (at the moment) in the surface, sub surface and maybe more relevently the Fleet Air Arm.

The MOD site will give you all the gen on what is happening and Brit Defence policy per se which should stand you in good stead.

At this stage if you "revise" too much it is not wasted effort as hopefully you will soon be off to the AIB where questions on these topics will come up.

Also revise some current affairs away from the military.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Fly Navy :ok:

Feneris
23rd Jul 2004, 20:36
You only need general info to prove you are switched on and interested. Make sure you know what aircraft the RN operates, roughly what they do, and also what ships we have and what weapons they have. AFCO may show you a pic of a ship and ask you what weapons it has etc. No need to learn squadrons numbers. Would also be good to learn where the RN is currently operating ships in the world. Short concise answers are good, don't go into long opinionated discussions about world affairs etc.

Good luck with it,

FLY NAVY EAT CRAB

empty pockets
24th Jul 2004, 17:32
cheers guys:ok: