PDA

View Full Version : Hotmail - help!

Roidelstein
22nd Jul 2004, 20:17
Hi everyone

My hotmail a/c seems to have stopped working, can anyone suggest anything?

I type my email address and password, it recognises that fine and goes to the screen where it tells you how many e-mails you have etc, then when I click on 'MAIL' to read them, it doesn't recognise the page. In fact whatever I click on (including HELP or REPORT A BUG) just doesn't work.

But when I got my girlfriend to sign in to her email account on the same computer, it worked fine.

Anyone else experienced this? Have I lost all my emails?

Thanks
:confused:

zoink
22nd Jul 2004, 22:46
Roidelstein

I could only suggest contacting MS Hotmail support. Having worked with those guys they will do their best to get the account back to normal.. It can happen when accounts get a bit screwed due to a multitude of factors!!

HTH
z...

Roidelstein
23rd Jul 2004, 08:19
Thanks Zoink but signed in today and it is back to normal.

Thanks anyway for the advice.

None of the above
23rd Jul 2004, 20:16
Why? Who's asking?

Lurk R
27th Jul 2004, 06:25
Due to the sheer number of hotmail accounts existing, I'm sure that Hotmail would have a bank of servers to handle all this data. Most probably the server that your account was located was down whilst the server with your girlfriends account was still working.

I have a few hotmail accounts and have found at times that the site won't work for one account but will for another - usually just short term as you have discovered...

Fokkerwokker
27th Jul 2004, 10:03
FWIW my Hottie account was down yesterday and the day before.

AOK now