PDA

View Full Version : Any one going to Heliday at Weston super Mare?

rotorboater
22nd Jul 2004, 16:31
Are there any other Pprune'ers going?
I hope to see someone for a bber or 2, apparently 50+ helis coming so far

WhirlyGirl Sarah
22nd Jul 2004, 16:50
I'll be there in an R44 with my husband and couple of friends. See you at the BBQ!! ;-)

WGS

Whirlygig
22nd Jul 2004, 17:02
Might be there Saturday if I'm not all "air-showed" out after Farnborough tomorrow.

When and where are people getting together

Cheers

Whirlygig

WhirlyGirl Sarah
22nd Jul 2004, 18:33
At the pilot BBQ on the Saturday night. I presume it will be held in the grass enclosure with all the helis, but I am not certain as I have never been before. It is supposed to start around 7pm I think.

WGS

Banjo
22nd Jul 2004, 21:02
Yep the BBQ is after the gates have shut to the public and takes place inside the fenced aircraft area.

Will be working there all 3 days myself but hope to find time to have a look around and say hi to a few people, might even get to grab a burger at the BBQ.

Not sure what aircraft are going to be there over the weekend other than the usual mix of fly in types however did see this afternoon a CH53, couple of Huey's, 412, 109, Chinook and a few others parked up when I went by. No doubt there will be a couple of cabs from the defence school there (no way they would say no to a night on the pop).

Lets just hope the weather is as promised.

Whirlybird
22nd Jul 2004, 21:30
I'm working Saturday, but if anyone is going on Sunday and fancies picking me up anywhere in the Shropshire/North-East Wales area, I'd like to go...send me a pm.

Robbo Jock
23rd Jul 2004, 12:18
Whirlybird, if you're looking to be picked up, shouldn't you be advertising in the Personal Columns ? :p