PDA

View Full Version : Visiting Brescia Montichiari

holyflyer
22nd Jul 2004, 11:04
I hope to fly in from England to Brescia/Montichiari and visit friends staying at Lake Garda. My visit would take place from Sunday 15th August (arr approx 1500) until Saturday 21st August (dep approx 1000). I would probably be flying a PA28 or AA5A.

I have tried emailing local clubs but have had no response.

Does anyone know if it would it possible to :

1. Base the aircraft at Brescia-Montichiari during that time? What are the prices for landing and parking? Is PPR needed?
2. Obtain 100LL fuel for the aircraft? What is the price per litre?
3. Take my friends on pleasure flights during the week?
4. Obtain car hire at the airport?

Many thanks

flyinggromit
23rd Jul 2004, 08:49
Hi,
You may tray : Apt.Operator +39 030 9656911
fax +39 030 9656501
Apt. Ops. +39 030 9657003

Good Luck!

I-2021
23rd Jul 2004, 10:14
Hi holyflyer,

I will try to contact some friends that maybe will help you feel less far away from home when you will get there :ok:
Anyway, if you want to try a little diversion, I will be on holiday in that period and I will probably be near Ancona Falconara (LIPY), that you could reach in about 1 hour from LIPO.
I will let you know more as soon as I have some contacts.

Ciao !

C-47
26th Jul 2004, 16:08
Answers to your questions:

1) Yes you can. Give a call to airport operator: they will give you details about fuel price, parking and landing fees.

2) Same as above

3) Yes you can: remember that you will have to pay landing fees each time you go fly.

4) Sure: the IATA airport code is VBS. Try with usual rental car companies such as europcar, avis, hertz etc. Type in VBS and see what rates you find.

holyflyer
27th Jul 2004, 08:20
Thanks for replies. I understand from emails received and the Jepp/Bottlang that LIPO airfield management has no 100LL Avgas. All that is available is at the Aeroclub and its at their discretion whether they sell some. Still awaiting some email replies regarding whether they will sell me some.

Landing / Parking is OK and Car Hire is available.