PDA

View Full Version : Does Qantas have a Scope Clause ?

logan
22nd Jul 2004, 08:57
Qantas, Qandom, Australian, Jetconnect, Jetstar, Jetstar Asia.......

I know there has been a lot of talk about all these airlines individually but could a Qantas pilot please explain what, if any scope clause you have in your contract and how the company is getting around it. Because from the outside it looks like a real mess.

Is it in fact a problem for the Qantas pilots or not, and if it is what lessons are there to be learned for the rest of us?

I'm not intrested in bashing the other pilots more the contract, scope clause angle..

Capt Stabbin
22nd Jul 2004, 09:07
What Qf pilots need is a scope clause to the effect of only mainline pilots being able to crew any aircraft type new to the Qantas group with a seat capacity of 200 or greater.

Otherwise the Impulse crowd might be going from B1900 - 717 - A320 - A380 in the space of a few years. Of course they would need to stay true to form and offer to fly it for 40k/year. :yuk:

DirectAnywhere
22nd Jul 2004, 10:14
Sorry to make this a long answer but it's got to be at least 15 characters long otherwise I can't post...no.

Going Boeing
22nd Jul 2004, 11:02
AIPA tried during negotiations for the last two EBA's to get a "Scope" clause inserted but Qantas management firmly rejected the idea and refused to discuss it further. :p