PDA

View Full Version : Rivington

ffs
22nd Jul 2004, 08:46
Could any of you informed folk identify the aircraft that was performing repeated passes over the Rivington, Lancashire area on Tuesday, 19th July around 1pm.

Perhaps it is a normal event but as a visitor there I was curious what I was observing. The plane appeared to be of possible small business jet proportions, predominantly white but with a blue rear fuselage and blue control surfaces on quite swept wings.

It performed at least 6 passes at a medium altitude in a gradual left turn with Rivington Pike being the approximate Southern most point of its circuit.

ffs

Notso Fantastic
22nd Jul 2004, 18:31
Proud new bizjet owner showing off to Mrs? Proud new bizjet pilot showing off to Mum? Proud RAF pilot showing Mum what he flies? Really rich bizjet owner photographing mansion from air? Does it matter? Are you after somebody's hide for it?

ffs
22nd Jul 2004, 19:42
Hey notso,

I've seen many a post from you on pprune so perhaps I should feel honoured to be flamed by such a celebrity!

To answer your questions - to you I guess it doesn't matter and no I'm not after anybody. It is simple curiosity - hence I posted in the Spotters forum. Since I work in the industry I was interested in identifying said aircraft but couldn't do so myself and hoped someone could inform me what it was. Note I worded my question carefully, saying it was of bizjet proportions - I rather thought it wasn't actually a bizjet however.

Could it have been something practicing for a Farnborough

Squadgy
27th Jul 2004, 12:36
Could have been something from BAe Warton, possibly a BAe 125 like this one :

http://www.airliners.net/open.file/561504/M/

They usually route airways though, rather than flying around in the FIR - if you were a bit further North then Rivington it could have been on the Warton ILS I guess.

I was flying back into Barton at about this time and didn't see anything - but I'll ask around for you.

Frankfurt_Cowboy
27th Jul 2004, 18:01
Hanging around up at Rivington? Not Stan Collymore are you??????

PPRuNe Radar
27th Jul 2004, 18:31
FRA Falcon 20 perhaps ??

FRA Falcon (http://www.airliners.net/open.file/455223/M/ )