PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar bagged again

Wirraway
21st Jul 2004, 08:57
from Sydney Airport Message Board

Jetstar bagged again
Paul Maier

Today at about 5pm, on radio 2UE in sydney, a caller complained about a Jetstar flight from Maroochydore being diverted to Willy, from being 3 minutes late after the curfew came into effect.

the caller went on to complain about taking til 3am to get to sydney by train.

steve price went on to complain about the lack of flexibility in allowing late planes to gain dispensations for being late etc at YSSY.

========================================
Kurt Ams

phone call from Shep this morning has confirmed the following:

This morning’s 1st published revenue flight for Jetstar's A320 ex SYD was cancelled.

The A320 missed the curfew last night into Sydney and so didn't depart Melbourne in enough time to make it for this mornings services ex SYD.

JQ301 SYD-AVV 0600/0725 was canned, and pax were offered to travel to Melbourne on the first available Qantas flight to MEL-Tullamarine.

Adam Purcell and company were present at Sydney Airport this morning at 5am and were notified of the cancellation and flight change.

Later as they were taxiing, they noticed a Jetstar A320 had arrived in Sydney and was parked at the gate. Presumably getting ready for its 0945 OOL rotation.

A good one to keep your eye on will be the arrival of JQ304 into SYD in a short while ...if it arrives.

JQ304 AVV-SYD 0755/0915 this morning is also now cancelled.

Other Jetstar cancellations for today to note (21JUL).

OOL SYD 1805 1930 JQ 549 B717
SYD OOL 2000 2120 JQ 556 B717

SYD AVV 1730 1855 JQ 319 B717
AVV SYD 1925 2045 JQ 324 B717

==========================================

mmmbop
21st Jul 2004, 11:41
Jetstar was bagged??? Or the completely ridiculous curfew at Sydney Airport!!!!!!!

Even Heathrow has flexibility.

LateNightOps
21st Jul 2004, 15:16
Well since the after curfew charges were increased, its simply too expensive to incur the late fee (as I suppose is the intention of the fee increase anyway).

Do PAX know that the carrier gets charged with a large late fee....probably not.

LNO

nasa
21st Jul 2004, 23:49
Given the aircraft departed Maroochydore approx 45 minutes late, surely someone could have said that it's best NOT to depart and to depart early the next morning. But no, off they blasted into the wild blue yonder and suppposedly missed the curfew by 4 minutes.

This is of course depending on which version of the story you get and/or believe from DeathStar.

On to trains and busses go the pax, but their baggage stays on the aircraft in Newcastle, because, DeathStar do not have the facilities to turn around an A320. If you ring the baggage guys at Willy to find out what's happening with the pax bags, you're told "Not my problem mate, if you have a complaint, ring DeathStar"

Question, where does DeathStar stand in respect route checks into Willy, handling facilities etc etc.

I have to say, the A320 is a nice piece of work, but the entire feeling one gets is that the entire company has no idea what they are doing, and that you have stepped onto a Qantas aircraft, same attitude by the attendants, you know the one I mean, they look at the bottom of their shoes when you step into the aircraft. The only real difference is that the attendants are much younger.

commander adama
21st Jul 2004, 23:59
Nasa

What are you talking about. The airline is doing well and on target. What do you mean Qantas a/c??? It's a Jetstar a/c. Me thinks you listen way too much to the media. Open your eyes son.

Capt Claret
22nd Jul 2004, 01:45
Unless the regs have changed recently, they don't need to be RE into Willy if it was a diversion.

Capt Fathom
22nd Jul 2004, 02:44
Considering they are all/mostly ex Impulse, I'd think they would be quite familar with Willy.

Uncommon Sense
22nd Jul 2004, 03:15
The curfew like LTOP is a political solution to an operational problem.

There is one regular visitor to this site who is quite apt at making operational problems political problems.

Perhaps he can solve this one too whilst he is redesigning the world to suit him.

Or is he too a NIMBYUIAF (Not in My back yard [unless I am flying])

LateNightOps
22nd Jul 2004, 03:23
Hear Hear...

and while he is at it, he should lend his skills to produce a renewable energy source and also be the administrator in the rebuilding of Iraq (oh and of course get Palestine and Israel to sign a peace deal)

LNO

disco_air
22nd Jul 2004, 05:33
I was also supposed to be on JQ301 yesterday, but was canned and put on QF405 to Tullamarine (with Mr Purcell).

On our return trip (JQ328) the aircraft ended up being a 717 instead of the A320 as well, and arrived in Avalon late (I wondered if I was ending up in Newcastle that night too!). When we arrived back at KSA, the same A320 we saw that morning in the terminal was sitting there (I dont know whether it went anywhere that day).

Pete Conrad
22nd Jul 2004, 07:09
assdama - what nasa is saying is that the public have the perception that they are stepping onto a Qantas aircraft - with all your jet pilot superior intellect and cybergeek flightsim 2000 smartness, I thought you would have realised that?

I mean, even Dicko was at the launch in Avalon - on that note, the 717's aren't Jetstar aircraft either, a close look at your AOC will confirm that - unless it has changed recently.

assdama, aren't you the guy that works at EGH in Sydney who wears the leather jacket with all the Top Gun patches on it?

Uncommon Sense
22nd Jul 2004, 07:28
Pete:

Inferiority Complex

In`fe`ri`or´i`ty
1. The state of being inferior; a lower state or condition; as, inferiority of rank, of talents, of age, of worth.
A deep sense of our own great inferiority

inferiority complex
noun
2.defn: a feeling that you are not as good, as intelligent, as attractive, etc. as other people:

Seek help....

Watchdog
22nd Jul 2004, 21:25
and Pete, while you're there, look up "immature" :8

commander adama
22nd Jul 2004, 22:16
The devil has raised its ugly head

Go back and read it Peat. I think the computer screen is affecting your brain waves.

and that you have stepped onto a Qantas aircraft

Yes because like Qantas it operates Jets. This is pax stuff. Tell you what Peat we'll leave all the detail stuff to the non professionals. We'll star with you Peat.

Peat I'll say it again go back to flighsim and leave this stuff to the big guys.

A second time for for you Peat. You must have been hard to teach at Kindy. The 717 and A320 are leased and operated by Jetstar nnnnot Qantas.

Ding! Peat you failed again.

nasa
23rd Jul 2004, 08:24
WTF are you lot babbling about!!!!!!!

Let me spell it out for those less fortunate .....I draw a comparison between the temparement/attitude of the Qantas & Jetstar Flight Attendants and the fact that both have a tendancy to treat their pax (read customers) like sh!t on the bottom of their shoes.

Did you read my previous post or did you read what you wanted to into my previous post????????

They give me the impression of a struggling operation in that they are disorganised, inept & hopeless.....Geeesusss. ...18 months away and things are still the same.

Pete Conrad
23rd Jul 2004, 22:53
Watchdog, would you like to repremand your boyfriend assdama here for his total lack of maturity in his pathetic reply?

assdama - I've said it once, and I'll say it again, you just don't have the ability to percieve or interpret anything do you?

The way you write and spell indicates that you really do disengage your very big mouth before you engage that pea brain.

What nasa is saying is it's perception, your total lack of respect and ignorance towards other pilots and the people that pay your wage - ie pax, never ceases to amaze me.

assdama, do you know how an AOC reads? you obviously don't do you? I'll give you a little lesson, as I think you are the one that lacks learning ability here, an AOC has an owner and an operator on it, maybe if you take the time to go into your airline's operation department and go find a copy of the AOC for Jetstar, you will see who the owner and operator of the 717's are. As for the A320, I must confess,I don't know, but as I don't have any self esteem issues like you, I am always willing to stand corrected.

Another idea for you assdama, try to stay off the alcohol when you post anything on pprune, it really does make you out to be allot dumber than you really are.

Enjoy flightsim buddy - oh whats the difference between assdama and a teenage flightsim addict? Nothing, it's one and the same thing.

Your comments, replies, attitude are all like your lower intestine assdama - stinking and loaded with danger.

commander adama
24th Jul 2004, 01:36
Peatface

Write and spell. Care factor zero. Stop pretending and go out and fly for 1 of the big boys. Your flightsim or GFPT don't cut it. . Now run along do with your flightsim whatever it is you do with it. Grab your other mate and pretend you are big boys.

Keep searching for the owners and operators u silly little man. Then report back to me.

Pete Conrad
24th Jul 2004, 07:23
Oh assdama, you poor soul, you have never contributed anything of value on pprune, why should you start now?

Your psychotic vitriol leads me to believe that you have a very bad self esteem issue assdama, I mean, everybody that dares express an opinion different to you is not a pilot? Thats a very bold statement for a one eyed fat man.

C'mon matey, settle down a bit, me thinks you better lay off the cough medicine assdama, seriously man, I'm worried about you.

Oh and I already do fly for one of the big boys - they are bigger than yours in fact, but then again, when it comes to you, size is a sore point, and another thing that the majority of the male race has over you assdama.......Your very very funny assdama.

Oh and your last comment, you want me to report back to you - ok assdama, I'm reporting that you should really go and have a big cup of shut the faaark up.

Was it the verbal reasoning or the OPQ that you failed with QF mate? I mean with all the flightsim you play, I would of thought you would of blitzed the sim ride?

Enjoy that flightsim buddy.

Woomera
24th Jul 2004, 07:45
Going nowhere this is.:mad: