PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar Asia employs new Qantas Cadets to fly as FO's

qantasnews
21st Jul 2004, 00:58
Just announced in the last few days from my sources, qantas cadets from the 2003 course awaiting industry placement have been placed with Jetstar Asia flying A320's out of singapore as first officers with only 250 hours total.

Qantas have decided to implement this halfway through the 2003 cadets course, the top half of them have been placed on the metro, the lower half on the A320.

As with previous industry cadets they have had to pay 10000 dollars for their conversion. They go to brisbane or aukland for their sims, then fly as FO on fifty line flights with either Air New Zealand or Brittish Airways.

Then ending up in singapore they stay there for two years with an option of a third if qantas arnt employing and then go in as second officers. But with 4 years seniority, why seccond officer, why not first officer?

Thats just the news, you give the opinions.

millerscourt
21st Jul 2004, 01:29
What I want to know is where on earth do they think they are going to get A320 Captains from???

If they put new to type Captains with low hours F/O's flying in the Singapore area environment then standby for exciting rides!!

411A
21st Jul 2004, 01:32
Seems like a good idea to me.
What's the beef?
Heck, they even might like it in Singapore and stay to become Commanders in a much shorter time.
And...why not?:cool:

Millerscourt,
just what, pray tell, makes the 'Singapore area' so difficult?
A lot easier than ORD/LHR/FRA, that's for sure.

411A
22nd Jul 2004, 05:52
Hmmm,
Didn't know it was that bad, packone.
If this is indeed the case, the first time they mouth off in Singapore they might well end up with a one way ticket home.
Self paid.

icemanalgeria
24th Jul 2004, 18:28
I have flown with 250hrs fo's both on the B767 & A320 and 95% of them were of a very good standard, as I'm sure these guys will be.

N2000
25th Jul 2004, 09:29
Errr Qantasnews

.........then fly as FO on fifty line flights with either Air New Zealand or Brittish Airways.

With British Airways?................I think you either have your wires crossed, or have a very inaccurate source.

25th Jul 2004, 09:43
Just a question:

Does qantasnews actually mean qantasrumours? :}