PDA

View Full Version : CASA get it wrong. Again!

PLovett
20th Jul 2004, 06:30
I understand (second hand) that the CASA prosecution (perhaps that should be "persecution" given the events of the past couple of months) against a certain well-know Victorian man for an incident in South Australia has collapsed miserably with some very harsh words from the Bench about the standard of the CASA officers concerned.

I also understand that the individual is pursuing legal action against the CASA officers involved. It will be really interesting to see the outcome of those. I suggest that if he is successful then CASA may find it very hard to get any FOI to take regulatory action unless some form of indemnity is in place.

I have heard that much is to be made of the case in the media. Should be interesting to see the damage control.

Edited to correct State of origin.

Barons Forever
20th Jul 2004, 12:06
Well said PLovett, it will be very interesting.:D

Wagit
24th Jul 2004, 09:00
I hear that an FOI is about to take CASA to the Administrative Appeals Tribunal with regards to a decision they made against this person Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Licence.

My understanding is the case will be heard in Melbourne sometime in early September.

I don’t now the full details but it would be interesting to go and watch the tribunal hearing.

PLovett
3rd Aug 2004, 00:46
justapplhere

I have been trying to find out but my informant was not that forthcoming.

I have also been trying to find a link to the decision but unfortunately the only links to the case refer to the question of costs and whether a particular section of the regulations applied in this case.