PDA

View Full Version : ETIHAD AIRWAYS vs Emirates

coldplay
20th Jul 2004, 05:33
whats the current Etihad salary and conditions?

any existing crew could comment on this? Is Etihad on the way to be a major airline?

whats the difference between Emirates and Etihad? the way I can see it Emirates looks like a "Dubai" private ??? airline, whereby Etihad seems like destined to be the flagship of all UAE ...

if thats so, will this mean that in the future Etihad will take over from Emirates as the trendsetting airlines? please comment on this???

whats the difference also as far as management??? I heard Etihad had same management as Qatar airways .. that the people behind QR were also responsible for the launch of Etihad... as far as Emirates, I heard that the airlines is run by the British.. is that so??

cheers :)

flapsforty
20th Jul 2004, 10:13
Coldplay, while you won't find direct answers to your specific questions, there is a Gulf Air thread on Rumours & news which is very interesting for anybody looking at employment with Eithad.

Here. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=137654)

qfmike737
20th Jul 2004, 11:25
Hey...regarding Etihad

I dont know much about Etihad but I've been to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for the screenings.

Etihad is expanding rapidly and is definately in contention with Emirates. You get longer layovers and the money is quite good. But when you weigh up lifestyle etc you might find yourself travelling to Dubai whenever you can. Abu Dhabi isnt that bad but it's nothing like Dubai. The clientele with Etihad isn't quite so 'frequent flyer' type so be prepared with working with alot of first time flyers.

pm me and i can give u some more info

Trolleydolley
20th Jul 2004, 12:18
Just some information on Etihad - straight from the horses mouth!!

Well, i worked for them for a very short while. As for QR management thats a load of rubbish. There were a couple of people there from QR on the management side of things. As for British - it is a mixture of German, British and Arabic on the management. Longer layovers - they only have three layovers at the moment they are Munich, London and Bangkok. But these will get shorter as they increase their flights and believe me they will increase their flights. As for being better than Emirates, I worked for Emirates many years ago and it will take Etihad a very long time to be anything like Emirates. Just think as Etihad grows so will Emirates. Apart from that, if you want quick promotion well now is the time to join whilst they are still quite small about 200 cabin crew as Emirates have 5000. Everybody knows everybody so go get to know peoples strengths as a senior. Whereas Emirates you would get on a flight and not know anyone even as a senior. Salaries arent as good as Emirates, and living in Abu Dhabi is ok (a bit cheaper and also alot cheaper to get around in taxis). In dubai you need a car as taxis are so expensive but in Abu Dhabi parking is quite hard so it is easier to just take taxis and they are alot cheaper. (unless you are going to the office everyday).

Hope this information is of help to you.

despatch
20th Jul 2004, 20:33
Hi trolly dolly
Canyou shed more light on working for ethiad.Are they like virgin where they just recruit a certain kind of people,or like emirates where they just take the minimum of male cabin crew.I would like to apply for them and can say that i am someone of the norm not a stud but have brains and personality.Any info would be apreciated
Ps would like to appologise in advance if i have upset some crew who work for VS or EK