PDA

View Full Version : Klm F100 101y!

BEST L/CONTROLLER
19th Jul 2004, 17:09
This isn't a really important thread but a few months ago there was a thread regarding KLM F100 101Y going out of trim coz KLC had changed all the DOW's and DOI's to fit all a/c, and I was saying that you all were lying and that I'd never had a problem with them,,,,,,,,,,,,

BUT HERE I AM SAYING SORRY,

All last bloody week every KLM 101Y F100 was out of trim FWD and I was kicking my self saying the guys were telling me this on PPRUNE,

So I thought I'd just let you know....

CHEERS!!!!!!!!:ok:

FinalsToLand
19th Jul 2004, 22:25
Told Ya So! :p

I havent had a problem since i posted the original thread, it seemed as thought things had been sorted, obviously not!
Although saying that i aint done that many 101's recently, normally 103's or FK70's for some reason!
I remember reading a message we got from KLM asking for problems to be reported,
I wish i knew what they had done, it seems very strange that an aircraft which u had to load most weight into the nose to keep in trim now needs most weight in the back to keep in trim.

F.T.L

BEST L/CONTROLLER
19th Jul 2004, 23:58
I admitt it.

But it's a pain in the arse coz on the 101Y the front hold is the biggest which is better for the larger amounts of baggage and now we are to stuff the back what a pain!!!!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!:ok:

nibor
22nd Jul 2004, 19:03
Have you noticed that the trim envelope opens up quite alot when you actually close the flight down and an aircraft that was out of trim during the planning phase suddenly becomes in trim.
I wish they had just left things as they were in the Air UK days.

Cheers

BEST L/CONTROLLER
28th Jul 2004, 22:09
Yes I have, but I find that with most airlines if you try it on JET2 B733 it's the same, I never check it during Planning phase coz it's a waist of :mad: time.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!:ok: :{

Who'stheDaddy
28th Jul 2004, 22:37
B L/C

Sorry to hijack the thread,.... (I did have an input on the original thread though!).

Thought you were off to DXB.
Interested as I turned it down a while ago?

WTD

BEST L/CONTROLLER
29th Jul 2004, 16:12
Yes I am off to DXB it's gonna be Sept now, the delay is due to appointments with doctors and dentist etc! that they req you to have so that's what the problem has been,

I can't wait to get out there I just want to get out of this country,

Out of curiosity why did you turn it down? I know it's a big step for people to take, it's a big one for me, I just said stuff it and decided to do it though.

CHEERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!:ok:

Who'stheDaddy
29th Jul 2004, 16:50
BL/C,

Iwas offered the job late 2002 but didn't get the contract until Aug 2003. The reason I turned it down was financial and they didn't seem that organised.

I used to work abroad I now actually spend more time out of the country than here and would be happy to work in DXB but not for the sort of cash they were paying. Having said that I have a few friends who decided to take the position. They said the job is s**t so dont expect too much on that side of things BUT they love the lifestyle and are lapping that that side of it up!!!!

Good luck with it - Got to be better than a UK Handling job, especially the way its heading!!

WTD

BEST L/CONTROLLER
29th Jul 2004, 17:38
Yeah your right it's going right down the clink here especially working for Servisair!!!

I didn't find the money too bad tax free also but I have 3 mates out there who says the jobs great anyway I'm gonna give it ago and I can always come back if it's crap.

CHEERS!!!!!!!:ok: