PDA

View Full Version : Italian Job Market?

b767jetmec
19th Jul 2004, 12:34
Hi all,

I was wondering what the job market was like for LAME in Italy. I realize that Alitalia is in some turmoil at present, but what about contract work etc. as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated. My wife and I have been talking at great length about moving back to our original birth country, but before we do, would like to know about job prospects.

Thanks

wrenchbender
19th Jul 2004, 15:40
Mo, how could you possibly think about leaving the glory of Air Canada? Steady midnights, constantly eroding pay, harrassment from management.... what are you thinking?????

I-CRUZ
20th Jul 2004, 09:04
Ciao!

As italian citizen, I can't be very usefull for you. I know that things here are not wonderfull, but I'm talking from the pilot point of view...
About technicians and engineers, the only thing that I can suggest you, is to post a topic in the Italian forum in which a lot of people could help you better than me...

Sorry for my not perfect english...

Ciao ciao and see you soon

Cruz

b767jetmec
20th Jul 2004, 10:51
Your english is very good. I could only wish to be able to write in Italian as well as you can write in english. Thanks for your suggestion. As I am new to the pprune forum, I didn`t know about the Italian forum. I will give it a try.

Ciao, Mio amigo

mjv
28th Jul 2004, 01:28
Ciao,

lets say, not much going on!!

just left milan last year,
-ali is usually not taking contractors on!
-volare had a couple of connies, try strom aviation
-livingston, no way as a connie permi maybe but azzurra air went down, plenty of lokals on the street.
-air dolomiti, permi maybe (money is sh....)
-winjet, just kicked all connies and a couple of non italians

maybe some jobs in venice, sheetmetal....... and try augusta (money?)

looking not to good

mjv

:{

nightshift
23rd Aug 2004, 11:35
north italy is pretty good.
volare airlines...lauda air....air europe....blu panorama....
they all need qualified...certified staff

good luck.....:ok: