PDA

View Full Version : Avgas supplies Malaysia

WLM
19th Jul 2004, 11:17
Why is it so difficult to obtain Avgas in Malaysia???? Petronas (Malaysian Fuel Supplier) seems bent on making the supplies harder and harder to get. specially in East Malaysia. Prices have jumped up from RM600 to RM1400 on the 1st of July. When we queried the reason why, we were told to accept it or find our own supplies elsewhere....meaning overseas. Is this dictatorship or what?
Anyway we're trying to source Avgas from Australia now, which even after paying for freight and customs, STILL is cheaper then RM1400. Good on you Malaysia.....:confused:

Sultan Ismail
20th Jul 2004, 13:22
Who cares?

I posted this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=135297) on 25 Jun 2004.

118 views, NIL replies

That's Malaysia for you, apathy rules.

MAStake
20th Jul 2004, 14:59
It could be apathy or it could be the fact that not many Malaysians own aircraft.

bfd777
21st Jul 2004, 02:30
:{ I agree, not just apathy among Malaysian's but rather there are few who feel they can accomplish change. Refusing to buy Avgas is not going to make the price drop. Perhaps they are trying to avoid having to sell it?

Whats worse, try importing it from other regional sources. DCA won't permit legal use because it "has not been tested for volatility"

Solutions?

Diesel powerplant approval?

Turbine transplants for light aircraft?

Use MOGAS? DCA does not like this option either?

Perhaps it could be worthwhile to import fuel if all flight schools and private owners could join forces?

:sad:

WLM
22nd Jul 2004, 08:50
bfd777

I would find it amusing that DCA would argue "about the volatility" when Avgas has been purchased from OZ before and used in Malaysia. But as we all know DCA is a law in their own right and change their mind on a regular basis....
By the way, for some u that may be interested, we can have avgas landed here in Sarawak fron OZ for RM800 per drum or so...PM me if u want more info.;)