PDA

View Full Version : London Met degree

ozzieb88
18th Jul 2004, 20:03
Im about to start my A levels. I have been advised to do a degree, as i was searching i came across the london met aviation degree. This is a foundation or BSc degree in Aviation Management.

But can also do the ATPL theory, MCC, IR, and FRTOLas part as the course. They will soon have the CPL/IR course availiable. (by the time im going fora degree it will be availiable)

So this course, at the end of it, i will have the Frozen ATPL? if i choose to do ATPL theory, MCC, CPL/IR and FRTOL. And also a degree to my name?

I am hoping to PPL done by my 17th birthday, next july.

All info will be appreciated.

Speedbird744
19th Jul 2004, 12:03
I'm starting the Foundation degree Aviation Management in October, where I'll sit the the ATPL exams in the second year. I've used my gap year to gain my full FAA CPL ME IR, so I'm just converting them.

What I can say is, there are pros and cons to doing a degree such as this. One problem is you have nothing to fall back on if things go tits up in your airline career, but if you really can't see yourself doing anything else for the next few years at uni and spending alot on non aviation funds then go ahead and do this.

Its very much a personal decision on whats best for you, I'd certainly recommend it.
Regards,
S744

Re-Heat
20th Jul 2004, 20:55
Certainly you would get the benefits of doing a degree along with doing aviation in the deal as well. I know of someone who is doing it right now, so will give feedback if I speak to him soon.

KKM
22nd Jul 2004, 09:34
I did the Air Transport Operations degree at City University, includes the integrated training, well worth it - certainly helped me an a recent interview which i was successful at.

ozzieb88
23rd Jul 2004, 11:31
thanks for all your replies!

re-heat ill look forward to hearing from you again about your friend. thanks

Oz