PDA

View Full Version : Questions for SA Airlink J41 pilots

F111
18th Jul 2004, 11:16
Can anyone from SA Airlink answer the following;

The Block Fuel on a sector length's of 50nm, 115nm, 130nm, 180nm and 230 nm?
TAS and Fuel Flow (ISA +15) at 5000', 10000', F150, F200 and F250?
Do you guys ever use Long Range Cruise? And if yes, what is the TAS and Fuel Flow?
Are there any problems with the aircraft that seem to reoccur?
Overall how would you rate the aircraft?
Typical Operating of your aircraft?
Max weight in the rear locker, and the compartment aft of the wing?
Is there any carry on locker space and if so what is it's weight limit.
Is the rear locker class "C" or "D"?

Thanks

BAKELA
18th Jul 2004, 22:22
The Block Fuel on a sector length's of 50nm
You can drive that, ...china. Rhino horn is better. Then you can drive anything.
TAS and Fuel Flow (ISA +15) at 5000'
In Johannesburg that would mean take-off at +-500ft below ground level. Not healthy. At the coast it would mean giving the pax a scare...mostly anyway.
Do you guys ever use Long Range Cruise?
What for? In South Africa...?
Are there any problems with the aircraft that seem to reoccur?
Yes. :E: Mostly crew related. By the way, is that reoccur or recur..like in recurrency?
Overall how would you rate the aircraft?
Which one of the fifteen? Or do we have a chance for the Olympics? and....on a scale of what? Compared to sheep maybe...?
Typical Operating of your aircraft?
Usually (always that is) with a crew of three and as many pax as we can legally get into it. Africa again you know...
Max weight in the rear locker, and the compartment aft of the wing?
Being Africa...what fits...goes. I suppose the "compartment aft of the wing" refers to the pod. Btw, only the aircraft that came form Aus had rear lockers. Always from the back I suppose...:E:
Is there any carry on locker space and if so what is it's weight limit.
Refer to the above...and the African connection. PLEASE don't ask me about IT in Africa...what you're talking about?
Is the rear locker class "C" or "D"?
The security agencies (if any) or the defence force (if any) or the health depatment (I won't say if any) may help here. This is Africa remember...

China, boetie, sakkie, bru, swaer, cousin, chom, mate, dude, brother, lovie, babes, (****!!!!...I thought the cross-dressing wasn't a good idea..), et al, the above was answered in jest. If you want the gaff that you want, please contact the operator of J41 aircraft directly or PM me with the pukka gen you want and I'll put you in contact with the CP at Link.

George Tower
26th Jul 2004, 17:14
Whilst on the subject of Airlink's J41s, I have few questions:

Are they still operating them out of Cape Town and if so on which routes?

Where are there crew bases?

For how much longer will they continue to operate the J41 - I remember a few years ago they said they were going going to buy 30 Embraers....I don't think they have that many do they?

26th Jul 2004, 19:50
I'm always amazed at how someone who doesn't know dogsh!t from catpoo can say so much about a subject that they obviously know so little about! :yuk:

beechbum
26th Jul 2004, 20:14
Georgie, there is only one J41 based in C.T. It does the following routes:
C.T. to Kimberley and C.T. to Upington and back. On Saturdays the aircraft goes to Upington and then onto JHB for an aircraft swop. as far as the crew is concerned, two captains and two F/O's based in C.T. ,with positioning crew from JHB filling in the gaps. As far as the J41 goes its like flogging a dead horse. If it makes money continue to use the thing. Embraer 5 is far as Airlink is going to go...........but then I don't work there anymore so things might be changing. You don't know what Mr Foster has up his sleave.
Anyway hope this answers your question!!!!!

Rhodie
26th Jul 2004, 21:47

Whilst I am sure that BAKELA doesn't need defending - permit me to point out, in case you missed it in your eagerness to slate him off, his last paragraph...

China, boetie, sakkie, bru, swaer, cousin, chom, mate, dude, brother, lovie, babes, (****!!!!...I thought the cross-dressing wasn't a good idea..), et al, the above was answered in jest. If you want the gaff that you want, please contact the operator of J41 aircraft directly or PM me with the pukka gen you want and I'll put you in contact with the CP at Link.

I, like I'm sure a few others, quite enjoyed BAKELA's reply and the good humour.

He does, if you bothered to read (again), offer advice and serious answers as well...

Methinks he may just know a bit more about dogsh!t from catpoo AND Airlink's J41's than you do.

Thank-you, and goodnight.

R[

Zoltan
27th Jul 2004, 13:12
Slating fellow members for bringing humour in an otherwise dull life is a very sad thing indeed.

Rather than looking for a responce by being a jackass why dont you write something worth reading and i`m sure people will reply!

Bakela are you still in the desert ??

Fly safe

Bubblewrap

planecrazi
27th Jul 2004, 13:28
Allow me this, 126.9 certainly has a sense of humour, and I believe he may even have flown those very aeroplanes for Mr.Foster, although a change from his flying of two storey aeroplanes, 126.9 is definately a man of experience!

I am sure 126.9 was smiling at the time he wrote his comment without offence.

I must admit, I too did laugh at Bakela and 126.9.

Keep it up!
:ok:

edited, sentence correction