PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Training Unlimited

edpak
16th Jul 2004, 18:21
Hi There

I have searched around the best school for me, a wannabe from Hong Kong, and I found www.AviationTrainingUnlimited.com

Anyone knows this Dr. Bill Bell, the owner of ATU? It sounds reasonable from what he said in the site. His 'get-real' philosophy and innovative approach on aviation education kinda impress me.

US$6500 for a complete course? $2500 for a shared plane? There are many items to be clarified but is it another 'too-good-to-be-true' scam?

Please give me some advices! Million thanks! ;)

edpak
18th Jul 2004, 07:55
Dear All

It seems like many people have read my message yet no comments on it. Is my English not making myself clear enough?

Look forward to hearing from you guys soon!

Thanks!

2close
18th Jul 2004, 12:58
Look at Q.17 in their FAQs.

They do not provide educational visas for foreign students, so you may wish to check with the US Embassy on the restrictions that apply to any other visa you may be granted. You certainly woulsn't be able to legally enter the USA on a Visa Waiver and then commence training - unless you'd like to incur the wrath of the US Immigration Service.

Best Regards,

2close

edpak
18th Jul 2004, 14:37
2close : Thanks for your advice. I hold a B1 visa to enter USA and, if required, I plan to change to M1 when I arrive. It shouldn't be a major problem for me. It is just that I wonder if I can get quality education from his program as claimed. And it seems like he tries to build it up like a franchise by offering to his students an Associate status with his school as free-lance instructors. Just wonder if it does work, especially on the quality control thing. Any comments on that? ;)