PDA

View Full Version : Pic & P1 U/s???

kyogen3
16th Jul 2004, 16:10
Hello,

I'm trying to complete the remaining paperwork for my final CX DE F/O interview and I'm a bit unsure of the flight time terminology used in Hong Kong. I was wondering if anybody could help me out? In the various flight time blocks they have the following:

1. P1 (which I believe is pure PIC...Command Hours?)
2. P2 (F/O?)
3. P1U/DS (dual?)
4. PIC U/S (I take this to mean PIC IOE?)
5. SPIC (no clue!)

Thanks for your help in advance. Looking forward to August!

Cheers

Hydrolix
17th Jul 2004, 03:21
I'm pretty sure you have got them all correct.
I believe SPIC is Supervisory Pilot in Command.
I think that this means what you would put if you were doing a flight test or similar. It may be like the Aussie ICUS.

kyogen3
19th Jul 2004, 20:29
Hydrolix,

Thanks for taking the time to reply...CHEERS!

RAFAT
26th Jul 2004, 23:54
When I was an F/O, I used to log my PF (pilot flying) sectors as P1 U/S, and PNF (pilot non-flying) sectors as Co-pilot/P2.

On your sector, when acting as PF, you are making P1 decisions under surpervision from the Commander, and you are exercising your P1 licence privileges, this therefore means that your role at that time is P1 U/S.

As a Captain I obviously now log everything as PIC. My logbook has seperate sections for single and multi engine. The single-engine section is subdivided into P1 & P2, and the multi-engine section is subdivided into PIC, P1 U/S and Co-Pilot to cover the different roles associated with a 2-crew aircraft.