PDA

View Full Version : Rules On Foreign Airlines Operating From The Uk

TJ747
15th Jul 2004, 17:22
HI GUYS,

Can anyone possibly tell me what the rules are for foreign airlines operating in the uk.

eg:

1) a canadian aircraft op flts from london - africa on behalf of a uk tour operator.

2) a european airline operating from the uk to outside of europe on behalf of a uk tour operator.

If anyone can give me any info to what the rules and regulations are for the above examples...be very interested to know.

hope someone can help me out on this one.

Many thx

Tj747

charterguy
15th Jul 2004, 18:03
As far as I know, both types of operation would need to apply for traffic rights to operate these routes. Whether or not these would be issued depends largely on whether there is spare capacity in the UK charter market. If it is for scheduled services, forget it. Interestingly enough, Icelandair managed to get traffic rights to operate a series of MAN-CPT charters.

Interesting handle TJ747, doesn't stand for Thomas Johansson, does it ?

CG

TJ747
15th Jul 2004, 19:14
HI,

Thx for your reply there mate, i did wonder if it is possible but as you say...if there is spare uk reg aircraft lying about doing nothing then why should we not use these instead of bringing in outside airlines.

Just that sometimes, the foreign airlines are much cheaper and service standards are no different.

Anyone else got a definite answer to my question... ive looked on the caa website and that but its all just full of jargon etc....just want somene to tell me straight and in english...lol.

btw...TJ747 is what i use to fly on before they went to pot, yeah...i worked for TRANSJET UK.

cheers

tj747

charterguy
15th Jul 2004, 22:19
Aaah Transjet. That's what I thought. If I remember right, Johannson used to be its CEO. Wonder where he is now ? Back flying for Atlanta ?

CG

Cathar
18th Jul 2004, 17:36
The Department for Transport give guidance on this on their website. See http://www.dft.gov.uk/stellent/groups/dft_aviation/documents/page/dft_aviation_028911-01.hcsp#P24_1053

TJ747
18th Jul 2004, 21:22
Thx for the link there mate,

Makes very interesting reading and has answered virtually all my questions that i can think of.

once again...thankyou and if you ever see anymore of that kind of information...pls pvt msg me and let me know.

Many Thx

tj747