PDA

View Full Version : Outlook Exp sends but does not receive

windy1
15th Jul 2004, 16:06
XP Pro, OE6, Norton Internet Security 2004

I can send emails OK, but get error 0x800ccc0f when trying to receive. The progress bar gets part way then the error message pops up.

If I access my email via the NTL webmail,I see there are emails waiting to be downloaded. I deleted them all in case there was an awkward one in there. No better.

Done all the things suggested by MS support, viz

checked XP Pro firewall disabled
disabled NIS firewall completely
and/or disabled incoming email scan
and/or disabled outgoing email scan
increased server timeout
disabled Norton Anti virus

I know the modem is working as the the internet is fine.

I know it isn't my ISP ( Ntlworld broadband via cable modem) because exactly the same thing happens with my back-up ISP (onetel via dial up).

Any other ideas?

Naples Air Center, Inc.
15th Jul 2004, 17:09
windy1,

Did you make sure you have the appropriate Mail Server information in OE?

The error code:

0x800CCC0F CONNECTION_DROPPED Connection closed.

My guess is either the wrong Mail Server information or username and password issue.

Take Care,

Richard

spannersatcx
15th Jul 2004, 17:52
Check the ntl server status here (http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/) there ia a planned maintenance being c/o at the moment.

I recently had a problem with them, only too find that they had cancelled my account, nice of them to tell me that they were going to do that:mad: . ntl are forever having problems, that's why I've now gone elsewhere.

windy1
15th Jul 2004, 18:24
Richard

I can send emails via NTL broadband, so presume all server fields and password have to be OK for that?

Spannersatcx

I did check the NTL status page and you are right that they are messing around quite a lot. However, this issue has been with me 4 days now and my a/c must be OK as I am getting into the NTL home page and web mail OK.

windy1

Naples Air Center, Inc.
15th Jul 2004, 18:51
windy1,

The POP and SMTP Servers have different settings.

Take Care,

Richard

spannersatcx
16th Jul 2004, 05:55
email
Customer email format: [email protected]
Outgoing Mail Server address smtp.ntlworld.com
Outgoing Mail Server type SMTP
Incoming Mail Server address pop.ntlworld.com
Incoming Mail Server type POP3

They also have a broadband medic help thing here (http://www.ntlworld.com/help/broadbandmedic/index.php)