PDA

View Full Version : ThomasCook Airlines

hottowel
15th Jul 2004, 14:54
Hi guys and girls,

A friend of mine is applying to ThomasCook Airlines for Summer 2005.
She knows that the contract is fixed term til Oct 31st 05. Can anyone tell me what the likelyhood of getting kept on after that date at LGW & MAN bases.
I remember 4 years ago when I was at a JMC interview they said that they would more than likely lay you off for the winter and take you on as a temp Junior for another season again... Can anyone tell me if this has changed at all.

Any info would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers Hottowel
:D

sammyhostie3
15th Jul 2004, 15:48
My mate has worked for them for 2 years,
They always lay her off on October, then invite her back for the follwing April.
No temp contracts are currently made permenant.

At least she got given the A330 this season!

MYT tend to keep their staff on in the winter, as do AEU.

EZYboy
15th Jul 2004, 19:39
Hey,

I was thinking of applying for TCX too. Problem is, i'm only 18. 19 in september, do you think i should just wait till september to apply or now?
do u think they will still be recruiting in september?

Cheers! :D

thomas_ba
18th Jul 2004, 18:34
Er no - MyTravel dont tend to keep ppl on. Last october they all got laid off and a lot of the permanent staff had to go to Finland for the winter season or take unpaid leave!

Monarch keep on 90% of juniors at gatwick. out of 60 of us - 5 didnt get a perm contract last winter.

lots of winter long haul too

Thomas :)

sammyhostie3
18th Jul 2004, 18:55
Yes a lot did last year bcos of the troubles we had, but every year before and this year they are going to keep as many on as possible.

Its out of choice whether you go to the Finland base or not, what an experience!

And plus we get our MLE back off you every winter, nice!

Psr777
18th Jul 2004, 19:43
We tend not too keep on temp crew for the winter, but all new crew are entitled to in house concessions. £75 for a weeks holiday wherever is available, they also get leave during the summer.

I enjoy it here, treat like adults and the pay is good. About £10k starting salary for new joiners with £2.55 flight pay and 12% commission on all onboard sales.

In the second year if they are at MAN or LGW they will get long haul. Although this year as we are operating long haul on the 757, new starters are doing long haul to Canada.