PDA

View Full Version : Br 715 Tsfc

eagleboy
15th Jul 2004, 11:02
Hi All

I am a final year aerospace engineering student. As part of our final year we are required to do a major design project. Our task is to design a 100 seat passenger aircraft that is low noise and has low emissions compared to current available aircraft. One of the better engines that we can find at the moment is the Rolls Royce BR715 as used on the 717. I was wondering though if anybody could direct me to a site or reference that could tell us the TSFC. We have found most other information about the engine but the TSFC seems to be hard to find.
Also any ideas for reducing noise and emissions would be helpful.

Cheers

Eagleboy

747FOCAL
29th Jul 2004, 13:05
That is because it is different on every aircraft.

eagleboy
29th Jul 2004, 22:35
Thanks 747FOCAL, but isn't thrust specific fuel consumption the same for all aircraft that use the same engine.
TSFC depends on the thrust not the type of aircraft. The fuel consumption is different for each every aircraft because the drag is different and therefore the amount of thrust required is different. TSFC is measured against thrust ie lb/hr/lb, not in fuel flow per hour.
I have since find that the BR715 has a tsfc of 0.62 anyways.

Cheers

eagleboy

747FOCAL
30th Jul 2004, 17:18
and depending on the aircraft the amount of pounds per hour necessary for the intended speed will vary with aircraft. Now if you are talking static engine fuel requirements that is different.