PDA

View Full Version : easyjet ops

London Calling
15th Jul 2004, 07:59
I have an interview coming up with NMC dept. Any tips or hints? Or am I ill advised???????

Cheers!:ok:

kowlaski
17th Jul 2004, 08:21
Don't judge until you have seen for yourself, fine bunch of people and not a bad place to work.

bacardi walla
17th Jul 2004, 08:53
Go for the i/v, let them assess you, you assess them, see what you can both offer each other. The Ops Manager is a good egg.

I have mixed feelings about EZY but am entitled to them as is everyone else. Good luck at the i/v let us know how you go on. :ok:

BONDMAN
18th Jul 2004, 21:10
Ability to make multiple variations of tea/coffee (tea white no sugar/coffee two sugars etc. etc.) during a night shift and must..... :D :D

no sig
20th Jul 2004, 22:11
London Calling...

Make sure you swat up on HF propogation and SELCAL, an essential at easyJet, on the other hand with a handle like London Calling perhaps you already have!

Good Company, good bunch, great place for experience.

LYKA
23rd Jul 2004, 01:24
HF propogation and SELCAL

If only the dam thing would work...............waste of time IMHO..roll on ACARS.

no sig
23rd Jul 2004, 08:06
Ah LYKA, clearly you haven't got the touch. It needs understanding, it needs care. Learn about it and you'll learn to love it! And its free.

But I do agree ACARS is great...

Ballymoss
23rd Jul 2004, 20:32
OMG, BB was always one for niff naff and trivia........The ability to keep the planes moving and troubleshoot a programme that's on its @rse would be a distinct advantage in any ops room. Forget the finer points of HF comms...........And why the hell do they call it NMC:yuk: :yuk: :yuk: :mad:

Rgds
The Moss

no sig
24th Jul 2004, 08:20
Sounding a bit tense there Ballymoss, relax you'll enjoy it more. I wasn't being very serious with Lyka or London Calling now was I.

And on your question of easy history, its called NMC because thats what RDW wanted it to be called.

Ballymoss
24th Jul 2004, 19:47
Point taken no sig, but, I still have all my hair, even if it is a little grey these days!

Rgds
The Moss

LYKA
26th Jul 2004, 09:50
No Sig

With tongue firmly in cheek!

As a driver, I can honestly say that the times I have tried to use 'easy' HF it has never worked or been answered. On line training it is a discussion point only because it wastes time, never works, and makes the company look like thay have bought it from radio shack! Now, Stockholm or Speedbird (BAW) that is another matter, always answered with a much more powerful transmitter/reciever etc. Never had any problems getting through to them!

We need to move into the future... Not take a step back with old fashioned comunication tools, Roll on ACARS...

Over to you!
(tongue romoved from cheek!)