PDA

View Full Version : Investment Opportunity

maxtq
15th Jul 2004, 06:44
AAP BNE

****** investor bid for upgrade.

Regional Queensland Airline ****** is offering investors a stake in the company in a bid to raise $2 million for expansion.

The airline, which has bases in Cairns, Townsville and Brisbane is offering returns up to 12.75 per cent for minimum $100,000 investments arranged over one, two and three years.

Managing Director Randall McFarlane said the 12 year old airline was in the process of a general fleet upgrade and also wanted to consolidate its position.

It has recently renewed contracts with BHP Billiton and Ernest Henry Copper Mine and has added the Birla group to its stable of clients which include Placer Pacific, Xstrata, Queensland Rail and the Queensland Government.

As part of contract talks with BHP Billiton, ****** is planning to add a third Saab 340 aircraft to its fleet of 16. It also has a dozen Fairchild Metros and two Cessna Grand Caravans.

From Cairns, the airline has scheduled services to Lizard and Dunk Islands, Kowanyama, Pomporaaw, Normanton and Mt Isa.

despite being a viable proposition, Mr McFarlane said banks were still reluctant to invest in the industry after several years of "doom & gloom" stories.

"Yet there are airlines doing well" he said.

"The other thing is we feel ****** has been around long enough, it's just a good business and we want to make it better"

Applications for investment can be made through BDO Kendalls in Brisbane or by contacting ****** in Townsville or Brisbane.

Well cut me legs off and call me shorty who, in their right mind could pass up on an offer this good.

GAFA
15th Jul 2004, 10:01
What happened to the Saab 2000, are they still getting it? The article only mentions another 340.

HabibBro
15th Jul 2004, 13:01
Who in there right mind would buy Horizon - a sinking ship lemon to boot - move into Sydney for X months then pack up bye bye that didnt work! Rocket science - another make a small fortune out of a really big one. I wonder who makes such business decisions? Just looking from the outside in......... Gee what a solid investment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nesbit
22nd Jul 2004, 13:24
hmm, I think a little support for Randall. He is sticking it out in one of the tuffest industries there is, give the airline a go, I think :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: will probably be around long after Jetstar has gone to join Ansett and the other crave yard of Australian Airlines the have failed.

TIMMEEEE
24th Jul 2004, 22:04
Invest in an airline in Australia...........bring it on!!

While we're at it I have shares in the Harbour Bridge I can sell you also!

Natit
26th Jul 2004, 01:02
GAFA...

Rumour has it that the Saab 2000 was going to be too expenisve in the long run. Still haven't heard exact details as yet.