PDA

View Full Version : Best Forum on Pprune

Amazon man
15th Jul 2004, 06:16
As a professional fixed wing (wannabe rotary pilot) I just wanted to say that in my opinion the rotorheads forum is the best thing on Pprune these days.

After several years faffing around I am at long last going to start my PPL/H in the next few weeks with the intention of gaining a CPL/H in the near future.

The photos that have been posted are fantastic and make me realise what a fascinating and varied career path some of you guys have followed.

Keep up the interesting posts and minimal moaning and gripes and I hope to be able to enter some of the discussions with first hand knowledge as I join the rotary world in the next few months.

Any advice on a 9000 hour fixed wing jet pilot converting to rotary CPL/ATPL would be gratefully received.

Whirlybird
15th Jul 2004, 10:55
Any advice on a 9000 hour fixed wing jet pilot converting to rotary CPL/ATPL would be gratefully received

I reckon 50% of the answers you'll get will be along the lines of: "Go for it; you'll never regret it", and the other 50% will be: "You must be mad; stick with f/w".

But then, if you've been reading this forum, you'll know that anyway.

Whirlygig
15th Jul 2004, 11:12
Whirlybird,

How 'bout we run a sweepstake on who replies with which of the answers!!!

Cheers

'gig

Helibelly
15th Jul 2004, 15:42
The grass is always greener etc, but I'll do you a swap!

Tony Chambers
16th Jul 2004, 09:27
i have been asked by a freind who is currenttly ATPL/IR on A320 but would like to transfer over to the wonderful world of rotary as either ATPL(H) or instructor.
how can she transfer and what training is required.
what job prospects are there for new pilots in the uk.
your help would be very greatful many thanks fellow members.

Heliport
16th Jul 2004, 10:11
I've collated threads giving information and advice about training and job prospects in various countries. It's a good place to start.

Click the link: Training Questions (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=122944)

Heliport

B Sousa
18th Jul 2004, 05:29
Lots of folks from the fixed wing side like to fly helicopters. Amazon Man appears to be in the perfect position. An income from Fixed Wing to support his Helicopter habit. As most will tell you "Dont give up your daytime job"