PDA

View Full Version : Jetstar chief denies empty-flights rumour

Wirraway
15th Jul 2004, 04:22
travelbiz.com.au
15 July 2004

Jetstar chief denies empty-flights rumour

Jetstar ceo Alan Joyce has been forced to deny industry rumours that the new airline’s flights have been almost empty since its $29 introductory fares ended.

Joyce said contrary to speculation none of Jetstar’s flights had flown with fewer than 10 passengers.

He told the Australian Financial Review the airline’s overall loads were meeting expectations.

Jetstar was trying to achieve load factors approaching 80 per cent for July.

Joyce’s comments came after the airline announced it would add a third daily service between Brisbane and Avalon from September 1.

He said flights to Victoria’s secondary airport, Avalon, near Geelong, were the most in demand.

The new service means Jetstar is now operating 84 services in and out of Avalon.

Joyce said the additional Brisbane-Avalon service would follow Jetstar’s proposed introduction next week of its new fleet of A320s that will operate two return flights daily on the Sydney-Avalon route.

Jetstar’s new fleet of 177-seat A320s will be initially introduced between Avalon and Sydney, operating on two of Jetstar’s three daily return connections.

=========================================

Prop's ????
15th Jul 2004, 05:00
Joyce said contrary to speculation none of Jetstar’s flights had flown with fewer than 10 passengers

What is wrong with that. With 10 pax/flight you would think they are making a big profit.

:hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Yorik Hunt
15th Jul 2004, 06:54
Reading between the lines, that means that some of their flights have departed with exactly 10 pax on board.

Frightening thing is that those 10 pax dont realise what danger they are in.

They'll wake up soon enough.

elektra
15th Jul 2004, 07:19
And exactly what danger would that be SillyLittle Yorik? Probably the real risk they face is on the way out of the airport car park if someone of your skill set is at the wheel of anything bigger than rollerblades.

You seem to be trying to produce a Jetstar accident by will alone. Uri Geller couldn't bend spoons by willpower and you can't bend other people's planes.

Qantas management and their flight standards people aren't stupid. I look forward to a flight on Jetstar one day with at least as much confidence as I had in flying on AN and QF when the captain had a foreign accent and had been hired because he wasn't an AFAP member and could walk and chew gum at the same time.

E.P.
15th Jul 2004, 07:28
Yorik Huntandweallknowit :hmm:

I only wish Big W would finally wake up to your offensive title and ban you. :oh:

commander adama
15th Jul 2004, 08:59
Once again yorik stupid hunt. Baseless statements. You do realise that apart from your other stupid mate you are the only one on PPRUNE that carries on like a halfwit.

Given your mental standard, we are lucky the only thing you would crash is ya computer. Imagine you and the other moron piloting jets. Too funny or maybe scary to consider. HOwever I hear Jetstar Airlines are looking for desk jockeys. DReam on.

Good luck

Maybe in the next lifetime

Ps Whatever happened to Chuck? Maybe he crashed his PC. Losers!!!

Yorik Hunt
15th Jul 2004, 09:15
Dont need to do it by willpower, elektra. Nor would I wish it upon anyone. But I do have the right to believe that persons of adamas standard are dangerous rejects, just like you have your right to an opinion about me.... Such as it is...

commander adama
15th Jul 2004, 09:27
The words of a genius. Yorik what really goes on inside that silly nut on your shoulders??? I think you live on PPRUNE. Very dangerous. You will end up believing your own rubbish!!!

Wizofoz
15th Jul 2004, 09:33
Give Yorik his due. He knows what it takes to produce an accident. After all, he works for a company that's had one and come very close countless other times...

*Lancer*
15th Jul 2004, 15:49
There has been rubbish tossed out of the mouths from people on both sides of the fence over all this business. Wirraway posts something interesting and within the spirit of a 'rumour' message board, only to get the same, typical, senseless drivel as reply.

Give us all a break.

EP, I am VERY suprised Yorik has got away with the name for this long! :hmm:

Lancer

Wirraway
15th Jul 2004, 18:58
Fri "The Australian"

Jetstar's passenger numbers are 'ahead of expectations'
By Steve Creedy
July 16, 2004

JETSTAR said yesterday it was filling 76per cent of its seats with paying passengers and its load factors were ahead of expectations.

Responding to media speculation that planes were flying empty, Jetstar spokesman Simon Westaway said the airline's load factor had increased each month since start-up on May 25.

"We've averaged load factors of more than 70per cent since we started flying," he said.

"Our load factors are currently tracking at around 76per cent and we're forecast to remain around that figure, indeed a little bit higher, for the full month of July.

"So we think we're well placed at the moment, Jetstar's load factors are more than meeting our expectations at this point."

Mr Westaway said there were "a couple of flights" where the numbers were lower than the airline would have liked. But he said observers needed to look at the timing of flights, consider load factors across the board and take into account the need to position aircraft.

Jetstar has been flying 98 flights a day and is set to increase its schedule to between 106 and 110 daily services from next Wednesday.

It is also due to introduce into service its first A320 on Monday, although it had not received full regulatory approval for the change by yesterday afternoon.

The airline announced on Wednesday that it was boosting flights to Victoria's Avalon Airport from Brisbane from twice daily to three times daily.

It will also use the A320 to increase seat capacity on the Sydney run and plans to have three of the Airbus planes in service by October, when it will begin adding more destinations.

"On the markets we are now servicing, the Qantas group has increased its seat capacity ... by more than 30per cent on average," Mr Westaway said.

========================================